Thus the fabric has had plenty of time for marination, and since I'm a cardi type of girl I thought it would be perfect for this pattern. I used an Aztec pontederoma print my first time around with this pattern, (you can read about it here) but knew this floral sweater knit would be perfect for my second version. Surprise!, turns out I was right. It was a little shaky there at first because my sewing/fabric and size selection radar has been a little off lately yielding one failed coat muslin, and a dress that the jury's still out on. When things don't go right in the sewing studio - guess I should just take a break from it - but you know me, I pressed on in spite of...
This time I went down a size from an XL to a L. I don't know about you, but patterns with that sizing (s,m,l,xl,xxl) are sometimes a little tricky leaving me unsure which size to choose. Yes I used the XL for the first jacket and ended up taking it in quite a bit. This time I knew I needed to go down a size, but was still unsure because of the differences in fabric. Two recent failed projects lingering in your memory tends not only to cause sewing paralysis, but complete terror when starting the next one. I tell you - I prayed at the start of this simple cardigan - Imma start praying over EVERY PROJECT from now on. Should have been doing that anyway!
I want to mention that I did not interface the band/collar of either cardigan, because I wanted the whole thing soft and cuddly. I plan on adding a snap closure at the front of each one cause I like the look of having it closed. I use steam-a-seam for the hems (no serging) just applied, flipped up 5/8" and stitched down. All interior seams are serged however.