I found the exact print at Joann's a while ago and it was now time that I got it made up. I used Butterick 5649 view c, adding a kick pleat to the center back seam. Since I hadn't used this pattern before, I made up a quick muslin (using a thrift-ed bed sheet) to check the fit. I think the fabric I used was a butter suede, and since it was a little drapier than desired for a skirt - decided to use the actual muslin as an underling to give the fabric a little more body.
The skirt is also fully lined, and it fits really good. View c is a basic straight skirt with a front fly zipper, but I pegged it to get a truer pencil skirt look.
I've wanted to add some embellishment to a cardigan since last fall but never got around to it. I took the time today to get that idea out of my head by appliqueing some of the skirt's leopard print to a black cardigan. I also added a little beading to the project to give it more of a jungle feel.
Here's a picture of the whole outfit.
I think the cardigan adds just the right amount of whimsy to the outfit. I like bringing Cardy to the party...