February 21, 2015

UNPLANNED STASH BUSTING...

...I got involved in an unplanned stashbusting session this morning.  This fabric has been in my stash far too long.  Originally purchased to make a skirt, I later decided this wool flannel was too thin for that.  Since I had already pulled it down to make the last poncho I thought I might as well finish the yardage up.

Sometimes I pick a project just to see if I can make it successfully. In this case another simple poncho. Just 2 rectangles (18 × 36) hemmed and sewn in two strategic places and there you have it.  Yes it was an easy project, but there's nothing wrong with a little mindless sewing from time to time.

Thought I might as well finish up the yardage.  No need of putting it back in the stash. There was still enough of this fabric left to make a nice big cozy blanket scarf.

Done. Weekend sewing is priceless...

21 comments:

  1. Great usage of your fabric! I looove ponchos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it, especially the scarf. Very Burberry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bunny, I am such a scarf lover.!

      Delete
  3. I often get the most wear out of my easy makes. These are beautiful and great for this weather!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ponchos are always in style! Ah yes, Bunny said what I was thinking: very Burberry on the scarf.

    Weekend sewing is indeed divine; wish I could do it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Weekend sewing is indeed divine, and I wish you could get some in too. I think you are right L ponchos do keep popping up. I just all of a sudden started liking them. And the scarf - I love. I am such a scarf person in the winter.

      Delete
  5. What lovely pieces...you had a very productive weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Oz I've really been missing seeing you. Thank you.

      Delete
  6. Mindless sewing to forget stresses and strains is wonderful - maybe it's "flow"to use that term. And I love your two gorgeous results.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your poncho. I have a hankering to make a cape, in fact I've had it for a while. Seeing your lovely poncho makes me think that when the weather cools I might just get around to doing it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carol. I'm sure you'll make a great cape.

      Delete
  8. Love your poncho, Faye. The fabric is gorgeous. I made one poncho too last day and love it very much :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that plaid.l Now you have 2 new fun pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you Catherine.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, nice job Ms. Faye! On both pieces, you showed your talent and yes there is absolutely nothing wrong with a little mindless sewing every now and then!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great poncho. Can I ask? How did you sew the two pieces together? It looks so neat. Ann

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR LOOKING IN. YOUR COMMENTS ARE ALWAYS APPRECIATED!!!