February 3, 2016

YOU CAN'T HURRY LOVE SO LET IT WIP...

...Diana Ross and the Supremes knew exactly what they were talking about when they sang "You Can't hurry love".  If you'll remember, the last episode of Faye's Sewing Adventure found me working hard to complete the 4th and final week of Sew Much Talent's Kicking Stash sew-a-long - outer wear and/or accessories.  Even though I chose a simple pattern (only 5 pattern pieces), I couldn't resist incorporating at least a few tailoring techniques that I thought would make the coat not only look better, but also last longer.  So, needless to say, I did not finish my coat in time to count for the challenge.  Not to dismay though - turns out I did come in in THE TOP 5 of the sew-a-long!

With the deadline for submission being 11:59 p.m. Sunday Night,  I threw in the towel at 11:29 after finally coming to grips with the fact that YOU JUST CAN'T HURRY LOVE!  This is what the project looked like Sunday night when I decided it was time to go to bed.

The clocked ticked on, and January turned into February, and my project magically evolved from Kicking Stash into a WIP (work in progress).   I CAN'T HURRY LOVE, but I can just let it WIP!!!

22 comments:

  1. So many coats.... You something we don't?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what you have there. Take your time no need to rush perfection

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your version of the pattern really inspired me Venita!

      Delete
  3. Once you learn to do it right, there is no going back. The coat is going to e fabulous once it's done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm in love with this coat Alethia - the pattern and the fabric.

      Delete
  4. I know it will be well worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you did great in the time you had!! This coat looks beautiful and you're a winner in my book!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Myra. I'm really in love with your into jacket too!

      Delete
    2. Meant moto jacket.

      Delete
  6. Congratulations on making the Top 5!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congras on making the Top 5 - well deserved! I look forward to seeing your finished coat. I know it will be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on being in the Top 5 and your coat will be just the way you want it with not hurrying love...lol. Looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like what you have done to the coat so far. Looks like it will be a great coat to wear.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You will find time to finish it soon enough...even if its for next winter. I think the love of it is better than the rush. Slow sewing is relaxing, get it done when you feel like regardless of the schedule.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right Andrea and I do so love coat making.

      Delete
  11. Anonymous2/06/2016

    Aloha from Josie
    You are so right. You can hurry on a project. Congrats on the top five. Looks like a great coat to wear.
    I read your blog in the past , but this is my first comment, I think. Love to see elegant coats. Even if I can't wear them

    Mahalo( from my last week in Hawaii)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Josie from Hawaii! Thank you so much for your comment and most of all THANK YOU FOR READING MY BLOG!!!

      Delete

THANKS FOR LOOKING IN. YOUR COMMENTS ARE ALWAYS APPRECIATED!!!

Paying Homage to Black Pattern Designers...

...for years February has been set aside as a special time to learn about and recognize accomplishments of African Americans and other peopl...