I still don't understand why my pictures are so dark, but my top turned out really nice. I had made one just like it earlier this year, but it turned out too small so I sent it to my sister. I made this one of the same fabric, but of course cut the pattern wider. This top has a flounce at the end of the sleeve. I stepped out of the box just a little bit and doubled the flounce this time. I'm trying to get to the point where I can visualize beyond the picture on the pattern envelope. I'm taking baby steps.I also finished the mock wrap dress that I had started and here's a picture of it - however dark.
I took Lisa's suggested and took the side under arm zipper out completely, after installing the zipper twice and still not being satisfied with it. The dress fits quite well and I was able to get into it without the zipper. Thanks Lisa, leaving the zipper out was a great idea!
Lisa also helped me come up with just the right fit on a pants pattern. Turns out that my correct crouch length was almost 2 inches shorter than the patterns I had been trying to use - thus the baggy crouch syndrone. I had also been using my measurements to figure out the pattern size for my waist and hip areas; the size I was using always turned out way to large. Lisa patiently helped me cut out a muslin for my pants and after stitching them up the fit just fine. So now I have my ULTIMATE "TNT" pants pattern - THANK GOD!!! I cut out a pair today in brown with a white stripe. Wanted to sew them up tonight, but guess I'd better get to bed. Lisa suggests that I reinforce my TNT pants pattern with fusible interfacing so it will last a long time. I can't tell you just how happy I am about solving this pants pattern fitting issue. And Yes, Carolyn I can see myself making 5 pairs of well fitting black pants - now that Lisa has helped me with my problem!
As I said I had the greatest day with Lisa, and to reinforce the title of this post I recognize our Sew Along as a true blessing from God. Hope we are able to have many, many more.