Here my new project for this weekend. I've been wanting a comfy traditional tunic for a while, and though this Butterick pattern is a little different than the one I had envisioned, I sort of liked it - so I just went with it. I used a fabric that I bought about 2 years ago on a vacation to New York. I had initially planned on using it for a skirt, but never made a decision on what type. I made the capris from the pattern also. They are from - you know- Hancock's regular gabardine that I've also had for at least 2 years.
I wanted something quick and easy - although nothing really ever is - quick that is. I wanted to add a little something else to the top so I choose a beaded trim that I added to the neckline and front yoke of the tunic; however, I'm still not sure that I really like it. I guess I'll think about it for a while and if it doesn't grow on me I can always take it off.
I plan on wearing an ocean blue tank under the tunic because it is sheer. Old Navy should have one that matches, they usually do. Got to go now, I think I feel at least two more finished pieces for this weekend.....Got to clean up the "Bat Cave" again so I can get on with the next project.