June 13, 2009

EASY SUMMER DRESSING.....

Here my new project for this weekend. I've been wanting a comfy traditional tunic for a while, and though this Butterick pattern is a little different than the one I had envisioned, I sort of liked it - so I just went with it. I used a fabric that I bought about 2 years ago on a vacation to New York. I had initially planned on using it for a skirt, but never made a decision on what type. I made the capris from the pattern also. They are from - you know- Hancock's regular gabardine that I've also had for at least 2 years.

I wanted something quick and easy - although nothing really ever is - quick that is. I wanted to add a little something else to the top so I choose a beaded trim that I added to the neckline and front yoke of the tunic; however, I'm still not sure that I really like it. I guess I'll think about it for a while and if it doesn't grow on me I can always take it off.

I plan on wearing an ocean blue tank under the tunic because it is sheer. Old Navy should have one that matches, they usually do. Got to go now, I think I feel at least two more finished pieces for this weekend.....Got to clean up the "Bat Cave" again so I can get on with the next project.


11 comments:

  1. Faye .- that original, is this pattern. I love the addition of the neckline embellishment. faster garments and with good results.

    have a good weekend, Paco

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like a flowey, easy, breezie tunic. Very nice. Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! The fabric is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous6/13/2009

    The fabric is perfect for the pattern. It will be nice to throw on for a hot day. You will look smashing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the fabric you chose for this tunic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is very pretty and I love the colours and the trim.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that fabric. The outfit is perfect for the hot weather we've been having. Your weekend is off to a great start. I'm heading into my cave now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Easy breezy beautiful CoverFaye! It will look and feel just perfect with the blue tank underneath.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really rich fabric - love the trim, too! Perfect for this great summer pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Faye, I love that top!! The fabric is beautiful and perfect for the pattern used.

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR LOOKING IN. YOUR COMMENTS ARE ALWAYS APPRECIATED!!!

Paying Homage to Black Pattern Designers...

...for years February has been set aside as a special time to learn about and recognize accomplishments of African Americans and other peopl...