May 4, 2015

TWO FOR HER, ONE FOR ME...

... Can't you just tell that I love sewing.  Even if things don't always work out perfectly, I still love it.  I have been having a ball!  This weekend I made
2 for her and one for me

Top #1 from Burda 7340 View A -  Sort of asymmetrical easy two piece pattern. The most trouble I had was switching between a single and double needle two or three times which was a pain.  If I wasn't too lazy to thread up the coverstitch machine it would have been so much simpler.  This top was a easy make and fit right in with my current KNIT TOP FRENZY (no folks, the frenzy ain't over yet.  I've got too much knit yardage calling my name).

Top #2 is Simplicity 1362 View A -  I always end up with kind of pattern - the kind I don't love but  go ahead and buy because it's on sale and cause I might want it later. (hahaha!)  I knew full well going in that there was going to be a battle matching the stripes of this chiffonny aztec print - I usually avoid prints like this.  But it was on sale and I liked the colors.  Easy Pattern EXCEPT I don't like using bias binding to finish the neckline (I skipped using it on the armholes though - just serged and turned under).  The fabric is sheer so it'll have to be worn with a cami.

Top #3 Vogue 1282 Donna Karan's crazy pattern made for the fourth time.  I LOVE IT!, and if it wouldn't be too darned crazy I'd make it in EVERY color.  Several people mentioned that they wanted to try this pattern so I wanted to suggest checking out Barbara V's tip on incorporating a BACK DART that will make the back neckline fit better.  It works like a charm.

8 comments:

  1. Hi Faye! Three tops in a weekend! You really are productive. Ah! Donna Karan´s top! I have it is fuchsia but I find it too "exposing" I have to wear it with I jacket!
    Nice work!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the tops! I've gotta get busy like speedy project runway busy to finish up PR lol! have you ever had problems with Vogue patterns? I cut a skirt & it will fit 2 of me lol! I've read where they tend to run small, but not this one! anywasy great progress on your sewing! they all turned out fantastic!

    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Helen. I do sew lots more Vogue patterns now than I use to. I do love their styles. I've had no more problem with then than I've had with the other three companies. I guess it depends on the individual pattern. I try hard to remember to check Pattern Review to see what others have to say about a pattern before I try it. PR is very helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ms. Faye you are on a roll. Love all of your tops! Can I please send what I have cut out for you to sew for me? No fabric from North Dakota, they only had local chains, which I did go, but the fabric was the same as what I could purchase here in Texas. Oh well we'll see what my next travels will find fabric wise.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Of course I'll do your sewing for you Diane! Sorry no fabric on your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute and yes you are on putting out the items.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It feels good to be back in the sewing room Dorothy.

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR LOOKING IN. YOUR COMMENTS ARE ALWAYS APPRECIATED!!!

Paying Homage to Black Pattern Designers...

...for years February has been set aside as a special time to learn about and recognize accomplishments of African Americans and other peopl...