May 2, 2015

SEWING LIFE...

...Happy May ya'll!  In preparation of my next project I performed a little sewing room maintenance this morning.  The cutting table only contains "LEGAL" sewing related stuff (which is a miracle).  I even did a much needed 409 wipe down of my white sewing table.  It surprises me how cruddy my sewing table can become - so much dust and thread remnants.
Finished another top for my daughter last night.
Burda 7340 



Pleated side seam ruching
Tired and work week weary I made a trip to Hancock's yesterday.  What does it take to re-energize a sewer?  Show her some great knit that is REALLY on sale!  Regular $7.99 on sale for $2.99 (96% poly 4% spandex - in glorious spring colors).  I definitely think I can work with these cuts.

The piece that shows up brown is actually an army green.  I LOVE that color!
Please don't tell my budget that I made this purchase; but I simply COULD NOT pass this opportunity up...

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous5/02/2015

    "SEW" happy for you Faye!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean Ms. Faye...get me to a fabric store and it will "re-energize" me everytime! My hubby says it's gotten to the point where my only requested gifts are sewing related (mostly fabric gift cards)j!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think the budget will mind, because you got this fabric for a steal! Beautiful colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooo! lovely color choices! Perfect for re energizing your spring sewing.

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR LOOKING IN. YOUR COMMENTS ARE ALWAYS APPRECIATED!!!

Paying Homage to Black Pattern Designers...

...for years February has been set aside as a special time to learn about and recognize accomplishments of African Americans and other peopl...