May 10, 2015

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY...

...

THANK YOU MOM!

Now for sewing updates:
This weekend's make - another Simplicity 1916 view F for my daughter. Fabric has been stashed for eons, jersey knit from where I can't remember.  Nice print, but for some reason the dickens to sew.  Changed needles several times and eventually had to change machines because the stitches kept skipping.  Awful, but I refused to throw in the towel on this one and was finally able to get it finished.

Have a Happy Mother's Day!!!


8 comments:

  1. Happy Mother's day to you too!
    I like that top A LOT!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you my friend. Happy Mother's Day to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have made some lovely tops for your daughter and this is another one. The print is so striking. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Mother's day, Faye! Your "pink" words at the top really resonated with me. It definitely was my mom's philosophy and hopefully I have passed it on to my own daughters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bunny. I'm sure passing that philosophy on to your daughters has made a really big difference in their lives.

      Delete
  5. I've had a couple of pieces like that drives you nuts! And there's really no way to tell when you buy it. Looks great now, though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes sewing this fabric was very trying Marty!

      Delete
  6. Your daughter has had a lucky month for tops from her Mama's stash! I hope you had a nice Mother's Day, Faye!

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR LOOKING IN. YOUR COMMENTS ARE ALWAYS APPRECIATED!!!

Paying Homage to Black Pattern Designers...

...for years February has been set aside as a special time to learn about and recognize accomplishments of African Americans and other peopl...