August 14, 2016

CREATING MY PANT'S BLOCK...

...block, sloper whatever it's called, I want one and am determined to create one.  Other than a pant's muslin that I made here, I haven't worked on my TNT pant's pattern since maybe early 2015 or late 2014. Consequently, I find myself needing new pants.  I kept telling myself that I needed to venture into new pants pattern territory - after all, I have so many new ones in my stash.  After spending an enormous amount of time trying to decide just what new pattern to use, I've decided to go back and tweak my TNT, rather than spending time totally reinventing the wheel.  I pulled the pattern out and made a few more adjustments according to newly acquired information before cutting out a pair to work on during the course of the week.


The remnants.  I barely had enough of the fabric for this project.

I'm hoping to get an even better fit this time.  Keeping my fingers crossed, because I am really ready to commit this pattern to tag or something similar.  I want this TNT pattern to finally become my  block/sloper so it can be used to judge and adjust other new pants patterns. 

In the meantime, I'm declaring today as sewing machine cleaning and maintenance day following SheilaCTK's lead.  I have to admit that mine are long overdue for cleaning.   Who's next...

13 comments:

  1. Fingers crossed you get them fitted to absolute perfection. I've been on a fitting marathon these last two weeks after buying the Sure-Fit Designs master patterns. So ready to sew something other than muslin, hehe. I'm looking forward to seeing how your new pants turn out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for cheering me on Alexandra! I commend you for being on a fitting marathon as I know just how tedious these sessions can be. I hope you achieve absolute perfection too!

      Delete
  2. That's a great idea Faye and I sure pray it works out for you too! I definitely need to clean my machines, especially my serger! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Myra! It's seems that it's been a long time since I've worked on pants - feels like I'm starting all back over. I cleaned and oiled my sewing machine yesterday as well - now it's purring!

      Delete
  3. With all the"fit" work, I'm very sure your pants will be perfect. Looking forward to the finished pair!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness it is such a job, but I'm determined!

      Delete
  4. I did the same thing a year or two ago and tweaked an almost discarded muslin. I finished up with a very well fitting pants muslin but have never progressed any further. I trust you will find your perfect fitting pants too and make a wearable pair to show us. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Kathy thank you so much for the encouragement!

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  5. I am so glad you are pursuing this adventure. I think you are approaching it the right way, tweaking a TNT pant. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember you said that you make your own blocks Tomasa. I hope I'm on the right track.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am confident you will finally get the fit with your hardwork. Thanks for the Shoutout.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Best wishes on getting your tnt pattern where you need it to be.. KNow you will do a great job.. Pants are so difficult , or they are for me.ha
    Have a great week. Happy sewing.

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR LOOKING IN. YOUR COMMENTS ARE ALWAYS APPRECIATED!!!

Paying Homage to Black Pattern Designers...

...for years February has been set aside as a special time to learn about and recognize accomplishments of African Americans and other peopl...