January 21, 2017

#FAYE'S SEWING LIFE (HELD HOSTAGE BY MY SEWING PROJECT)...

...being held hostage by a sewing project isn't ALL THAT BAD!  After all, it's a rainy day in Georgia and I do have my cup of Superwoman Tea  (White Mangosteen Peach Green Tea) to power me on through with this project (Vogue 8959).


Vogue 8959 is still in process.  Started this cape for my Mother last Friday evening and of course I thought I'd finish it last Monday.  I always underestimate the time it will take to complete my projects.  I forget to factor in interruptions, the fact that I work full time, and that some evenings I'm mentally tired and just can't get any sewing done at all.  I allow myself to be HELD HOSTAGE BY MY SEWING PROJECTS in order to avoid UFO's - which really is a GOOD THING because I have so few of them in my sewing room.

What sewing project is holding you hostage this weekend???




.......................

12 comments:

  1. What a blessing for your mother...a beautiful cape!
    You are drinking one of my favorite teas ( smiling). I, too, underestimatie my projects. But, oh well. Anyway, the project that's holding me hostage right now is the colelction that I"m working on. I'm now working past my deadline. But, I'm working on it.
    I look forward to seeing the cape finished.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I often think about you when having a cup of tea in the sewing room. I well know how projects have such a gripe on you until we FINALLY get them completed. Nothing to it but to do it - right!

      Delete
  2. I love the pattern you chose. I can't wait to see how it turns out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait either. It's been just a week since starting it and that's not that long, just didn't think it would take this long.

      Delete
  3. I admire your fortitude and 'git er done' spirit--something I really need to adopt. Your mom's cape looks like another winner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I look forward to seeing this cape, Faye! I cut this one out two years ago, and never got to it. I may have to pick this one back up myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the lining that is giving me a little trouble right now Candice but hopefully I'll be done really soon.

      Delete
  5. Yep. I always underestimate the time I can finish a sewing project! And I don't even have a full time job.
    Looking forward to your Mom's completed cape.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Samina. I will definitely have this cape finished this week!

      Delete
  6. It looks like it'll be a great cape! As much as I'd like to get sewing done on the weekends, I always forget to factor in family time. I don't regret spending one bit of time with my kids and my husband on the weekend, but it does slow down the productivity train at times! I'm hoping I can finish the winter jacket I've been working on for my husband. I finally have all the zippers, and I just have 2 welt pockets to add.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Elizabeth I agree that family time is MOST important! Can't wait to see your husband's new jacket!

      Delete

THANKS FOR LOOKING IN. YOUR COMMENTS ARE ALWAYS APPRECIATED!!!

Paying Homage to Black Pattern Designers...

...for years February has been set aside as a special time to learn about and recognize accomplishments of African Americans and other peopl...