January 17, 2018

COFFEE & COCKTAILS ANYONE???

...last year I watched in awe as Elizabeth Made This hosted her first "DAY AND NIGHT DRESS CHALLENGE".  It was wonderful seeing all the beautiful Day and Night dresses created by the 18 bloggers/vloggers who took part.  I think that challenge was my first virtual encounter with Elizabeth.  Since that time we have gotten to know each other better - she participated in my "TOPS THAT POP SEW-A-LONG" last spring; was featured in my "WHY SHE SEWS & BLOGS ABOUT IT" post last November.  We also work as co-administrators of  the Facebook group SEW MUCH TALENT(gr).

I am very honored to take part in Elizabeth's 2018 Day and Night Dress Challenge!  I'll share my process all along the way here.  I'll put my spin on COFFEE & COCKTAIL dresses, and how they translate to my lifestyle.


But guess what, you can also take part in Elizabeth's 2018 Day and Night Dress Challenge!  It's a  two-part challenge so anyone from the sewing community who blogs, or vlogs, and has an Instagram account can also join.  Read here for more information on the community segment. (Time Frame for Community Submission:  From now until March 5th)  There will be lots of prizes and random drawings as well! 
 Stay tuned.  this is going to be SEW MUCH FUN!!!

13 comments:

  1. AMEN Ms. Faye...this is definitely going to be “Sew” much fun! I too amd extremely happy to be participating this year too! Whoo hoo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to try very hard to live up to the challenge. Can't wait to see your new creations!!!

      Delete
  2. I am really glad that you try the challenge! I'm going to join it too:) I can't wait to see your dresses!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You make such beautiful things Eli, I can't wait to see you designs as well.

      Delete
  3. Looking forward to watch this unfold. Must start my own soon too!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So many decisions to make, mmmmm I'm still not firm on my pattern choices. Love the coat you are making Diane!

      Delete
  4. I'm excited to get started too. In all of the time doing the legwork, I haven't given myself much time to think LOL! Almost done with the big pieces of admin work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I commend you Elizabeth, I know putting this together is a lot of work for you. We thank you for bringing us all together.

      Delete
  5. This is going to be so much fun. This is my first time joining and Im SUPER excited!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm having fun to Tisa even though I still can't make up my mind which patterns to use.

      Delete
  6. What a great challenge concept! I am sure you will create something special Ms. Faye! If I wasn't busy with other things, this challenge would be tempting, lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can understand about being busy with other things Vanessa. You always create great things and I am watching too.

      Delete
  7. Looking forward to your dresses.

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR LOOKING IN. YOUR COMMENTS ARE ALWAYS APPRECIATED!!!

Paying Homage to Black Pattern Designers...

...for years February has been set aside as a special time to learn about and recognize accomplishments of African Americans and other peopl...