I had to ask myself this question this morning: Does a closet full of clothes a functional wardrobe make??? I think that all of us would agree that the answer to this question is a big fat "NO". Yet. my cup runneth over when I open my closet doors. Issues created by the closet bulge:
- Clothes are so tightly packed in that I can hardly slide a hanger.
- Items are not organized, so it's hard for me to find what I'm looking for.
- The majority of the items were made by me. Many pieces have not been worn for a very long time. yet I cling to them with very strong emotional attachment because I created them or I love the fabric so much. There I've said it, I have an emotional attachment to clothes - am I the only one???
- My closet situation has been giving me anxiety for quite sometime. I complain about it and promise to reorganize but find myself procrastinating so it remains the same.
- Since I love to sew. I am capable of creating clothes that I love to wear. I create quite a significant number of garments per year.
- I quite often feel that I have nothing to wear.
|33 Pieces down - 18 more to go. More about this later.|