July 6, 2018

Faye's Sewing Adventure is Back Again...

...it's been far too long since I've written a blog post.  I have sincerely missed posting, but you know - LIFE!  I finished my high school year at the end of May.  I then made my annual transition to college life by getting use to teaching online - which by the way isn't as complicated as I thought it would be.  It's actually really nice getting to learn something new.

I kept thinking that I would sit down and write a blog post, but kept putting it off because I hadn't sewn anything new.  I finally said forget about being absent for such a long time - today is the day.

In mid June I joined my family in North Carolina for the celebration of my grandson Malachi's graduation (the youngest of four grands).  I am so proud of him as I am of all the others.  He's North Carolina A&T Bound promising to become the family's first engineer.  I believe him too!


 and got to meet my newest great-granddaughter, Novah Skye for the very first time.  She is truly a added blessing.
 In the meantime, I had to switch up sewing machines because it was way past time to have my work horse serviced.
My Janome 3022 is really a good electronic machine that I only pull out every now and again.  I actually hate switching machines and getting use to another one.
But I got my BabyLock Sophia serviced in record time with a bonus.  They replaced my automatic threader mechanism for only $12.99.  It's been broken for a long time, but when I checked on getting it replaced earlier I was quoted $169.00.  I said "no way, I'll just thread it the old fashion way".  I'm ready to get some real sewing done now and get back into the swing of things...


22 comments:

  1. Welcome back Ms. Faye! We missed you! What an adorable great granddaughter, just like her great grandma! Congratulations on your grandson’s graduation! What a wonderful celebration! Looking forward to you getting back into the sewing room! Happy to hear you got your good so machine back… Right in time to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Myra, I really missed being here.

      Delete
  2. Glad to see you back ! Congratulations on your grandson on his graduation ! Your great granddaughter is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yaaay! Welcome back! Congrats to your Grandson! And that sweet baby is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Many congrats to your grandson! He will love Greensboro! Many moons ago, I attended Bennett right across the street from NCA&T, even had a couple of classes over there. It's good to see you back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Leslie thank you! Yes, they've actually live in Greensboro since he was little. He has an older brother (rising senior) and he wants to follow his footsteps. I've visited Bennett there too.

      Delete
  5. Welcome back Faye! I am glad that I see you😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Eli Cat! It's good to be back. I've been following you on Instagram.

      Delete
  6. So glad to see you back! I've missed your posts. What an adorable baby and handsome young man! Such a blessing that you were able to be there for his graduation. I look forward to seeing some sewing pictures soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa you telling me that you missed my posts is very meaningful! Thank you. I will have a sewing project done real soon.

      Delete
  7. Nice to have you back Faye!

    ReplyDelete
  8. YAY! You're back!!! And what a great post! Congratulations to your Grandson and your Great Grandaughter is soo cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great to have you back, Faye. Congratulations to your grandson! and Novah Skye, well, she is just a gorgeous little delight!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good things to be absent for, really! :D I bet you have a ton of inspiration now.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good to see you and congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad to see you back. Congratulations to your grandson for graduating. I wish him much success in his pursuit of being an engineer, a good career choice.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Welcome back Faye! Your granddaughter is so adorable. She's so alert ☺. Congrats to your grandson.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations on all the accomplishments and excitement in your family and 'life'!! :)

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR LOOKING IN. YOUR COMMENTS ARE ALWAYS APPRECIATED!!!

Paying Homage to Black Pattern Designers...

...for years February has been set aside as a special time to learn about and recognize accomplishments of African Americans and other peopl...