June 10, 2018

Hello Sewing Friends...

...it's been a while I know - just shy of a month to be exact, and I must say that I have missed writing my regular posts.  You automatically know that when there is no blogging, most likely there is no sewing going on.  I needed to take just a minute to get a grip of my work life summer transition.  That being done, it was time to take care of the sewing room...
Took care of the floor area first so sewing could take place
It's amazing how much I really, really miss sewing when I just don't have time to get to it. So when I got a chance, I needed some really quick gratification to get me back into the swing of things in the sewing room.  I had a couple of birthday gifts that I wanted to make so I chose Butterick 6425's cold shoulder knit top because I had made it up four times already.
                 


Same pattern two looks) with just a bit of modification added to the second top).  Both fit well thank goodness, and I was able to get two June birthday presents taken care of.  It feels good to be back in my sewing environment...






18 comments:

  1. Beautiful floors and lovely tops.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that a new floor, Faye? It's lovely. Nothing like the glow of warm golden wood.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love these floors Bunny. No they were done back in 2012. Just removed the carpet, scrubbed them down and added two coats of polyethylene (which was awful at the time because it took so long to dry - maybe because we did them in the winter).

      Delete
  3. Wooden floors are the best and your floor looks terrific! The 2 new tops look so chic! Love the style and the prints!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to "see" you again. Happy summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Debbie - happy summer to you too!

      Delete
  5. So good to see you back on the grid! The floors look so good. And you've churned out two great tops already! Love the prints you used.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Catherine, and yes, I'm getting ready to start another one for my daughter tonight.

      Delete
  6. Your floors look terrific as do your new tops! Lovely fabric choices.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda, I'm doing a bit of stash busting.

      Delete
  7. Your floor looks beautiful. I'm a huge fan of wooden floors. Both tops look great. Hope you're having a wonderful summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love my floors too, I was able to say bye bye to vacuuming pins out of carpet. Thank you and hope you have a great summer too!

      Delete
  8. Welcome back Faye! Your floor looks so nice!
    I love both tops. They are good for the warm season.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your floors are beautiful as are your 2 tops!! Great fabric choices for both!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your floor looks great. Glad to see you are sewing again.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those are great birthday gifts Faye! Very lovely tops anyone would enjoy having! (Your floors look awesome, you want to come do mine? LOL!)

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR LOOKING IN. YOUR COMMENTS ARE ALWAYS APPRECIATED!!!

Paying Homage to Black Pattern Designers...

...for years February has been set aside as a special time to learn about and recognize accomplishments of African Americans and other peopl...