September 10, 2008

MID WEEK POST

I wanted to show a picture of the top that I made a few weeks ago from Simplicity 4020. Not crazy about the print, but the fabric is very comfortable and the fit is really good. I'm really not a dolman or raglan sleeve fan, but this was not bad at all. I think I'll make this one again, maybe in a solid color with a shorter sleeve. It went together so quickly too.

Also wanted to show some of my first period babies. This is the last of three semesters that they will be with me and I will truly miss them when they are gone. They are all seniors and are taking my advanced nail tech class.


Meanwhile, I'm still plugging along on my ruffled collar blouse and still excited about finally taking on the challenge of using french seams in the construction. I've got the button loops on and now the side seams done. All that's left to do is the front/neck and armhole facings, the bottom hem and sewing on the buttons. I need this finished before Saturday.

4 comments:

  1. That top is SHaaaaRp!!!. I love the fabric and it fits you nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Fay, the top is really cute, i was kind of thinking about longer sleeves but of course they wouldn't be practical, not too crazy of shortish ones, bothers me, you know like having "hair on your face" kind of way, the fit is good and the fabric is VERY pretty, it prolly looks very different in solid color.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Comfortable and stylish--win/win on the new top.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9/19/2008

    LOVE THE BLACK AND PINK BOUCLE!!

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR LOOKING IN. YOUR COMMENTS ARE ALWAYS APPRECIATED!!!

Paying Homage to Black Pattern Designers...

...for years February has been set aside as a special time to learn about and recognize accomplishments of African Americans and other peopl...