March 29, 2011

THESE FEET WERE MADE FOR WALKING...

...all over fabric that is.  Just had to showcase new feet (sewing machine) that arrived today from

APPLIQUE FOOT
BINDER FOOT
OVERLOCKING FOOT

The only difference is... this time they are for me. I do love feet because they make difficult tasks much easier.  Got to go find myself something to bind up right away.




I've got so much planned sewing wise right now - although there's not very much actual construction going on.  I did make this gorgeous infinity scarf last night with instructions from Vogue's Oct./Nov. issue.  I've wanted to make one since winter, but just couldn't "get round tuit".  (I have got go get me one of those things.)

Etymology

This is a play on words, from the idiom to get around to it. First appearing in the 1964 World's Fair which was held in Queens (Flushing) NY.

Noun

  1. (humorous) A circular object giving its owner the ability to get done everything that would have otherwise been put off to a later date.
    No more waiting until you get around to it, buy your own round tuit at a bargain discount today!





I just thought you'd get a kick out of that one (lol).  Any who here's a picture of my scarf - I like it a lot.  Fabric:  Compliments of Ebony J.  This one is 60" long, but next time I'll go with 70" which I think will be a little bit better.  I think I can see a couple more of these in my very near future.

    First Infinity scarf

     

    OVER THE TOP CHALLENGE

    We're getting a really good response to the 15 day  spring "OVER THE TOP CHALLENGE". 
    NOTE: Several sewists have signed up but have not yet responded to the "INVITE EMAIL".  Responding completes the process so you will be able to post on the blog.  I'll resend the invite just in case you missed the first one.
    •Choose your fabrics;
    •Choose your top or blouse patterns; add a new twist to a TNT pattern, refashion, or maybe even self draft a new design.

    •No quotas;
    •No limits;
    •Challenge starts on April 1st - Ends April 15th.

    1. COMMENT your interest on this post by Thursday, March 31st. 
    2. INCLUDE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS in your comment (ex: kathy at yahoo d0t com) so I will be able to add you as a author on the new OVER THE TOP CHALLENGE BLOG.
    I'm looking forward sharing, and seeing your Over The Top spring/summer creations.  Remember to add you email address.  It's a win, win situation..... 

    11 comments:

    1. I actually knew someone who had a Round Tuit when I was a kid. It always made me laugh.

      I'm choosing my 20 patterns now LOL...OK, maybe only 5...

      ReplyDelete
    2. I am loving this scarf!!! You can never have too many of them especially with this fickle weather we are having. I would like to join the 15 day of tops.

      My email is kjej2004@yahoo.com

      ReplyDelete
    3. Anonymous3/29/2011

      What a lovely scarf! How long did it take you to make in total?

      Have a great time with your feet. Looking forward to seeing the projects you make with them!

      ReplyDelete
    4. Thanks so much for your sweet comment on my blog post about my pregnancy

      ReplyDelete
    5. I love it when I get a new sewing toy and have to make a sewing project to use it with. Go get something to bind, quick!

      ReplyDelete
    6. When I was a freshman at MSU we were all given on at orientation. It was a reminder to not put off studying.

      ReplyDelete
    7. OK, I'm in for the Over the Top Challenge!

      ReplyDelete
    8. Duh! My email is:
      Clio.Phineas@gmail.com
      (Clio dot Phineas at Gmail dot com)

      ReplyDelete
    9. Such a pretty scarf.

      Enjoy your feet and looking forward to your projects using them. I purchased a bunch of feet only to realize I didn't know what to do with them. However, one of them, the walking foot is great for slippery fabrics. At first I was intimidated by the size of it...lol

      ReplyDelete
    10. hi, you sent a message yesterday, but i dont know how it diseaper from my mailbox!Could you send me it again at luneau.p@hotmail.fr
      thanks

      ReplyDelete

    THANKS FOR LOOKING IN. YOUR COMMENTS ARE ALWAYS APPRECIATED!!!

    Paying Homage to Black Pattern Designers...

    ...for years February has been set aside as a special time to learn about and recognize accomplishments of African Americans and other peopl...