April 21, 2014

IT'S BEEN A LONG TIME SINCE I'VE TAKEN A PICTURE...

...why?, because I hate taking pictures.  But I realize that posting pictures wearing my hand crafted garments from time to time is necessary for good blog documentation.   After not making pants for an entire year, I decided it was time to add a few new pair to my wardrobe rotation.  When the pants idea first came up I was all ready to start working on a brand new (to me) pants pattern.  I pulled out several patterns, cut the paper pieces out, and then remembered why I took an entire month last spring tweaking my same old TNT pattern.  The number one reasons:
  • limited number of pattern pieces (a two piece slant pocket is enough for me and gives me the look and feel I like).  Call me narrow, but the same goes for the waist band; a one piece waistband fits my body and needs quite well.
  • Come on Faye, why re-invent the wheel?  What you wanted was a good fitting pant pattern, that you could whip up in a couple hours sewing time.  You've worked hard to get it, so just go with it.

Since my re-emergence a couple of weeks ago I've made three new pair and decided to test drive one of them today.
 


Not too tight, not too loose, comfortable all day long.  Minimal diagonal wrinkling across the front thanks to information received from one of my sewing mentors, Gwen.  I will never forget the wrinkle elimination tips she taught me by email.

The other 2 pair that I call radiant orchid and turquoise (I think)
I also love the ease of wearing skirts so I revisited McCall's 6654 to add two colorful knit #2 pencils  this weekend.   I think my sewing sessions produced some much needed splashes of color to my otherwise neutral way of dressing. 

Turquoise and Coral both of pontederoma
I'm not on one of my usual all out sewing marathons (yet), but I think I'm off to a great sewing season.  I really did enjoy being able to sew the past two weekends - it was like taking a breath of really fresh air...

13 comments:

  1. You've got some great new basics! Can't wait to see what's next?

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great way to start the spring. Please share the wrinkle reducing tips, I need them badly. Thanks,

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is amazing, we both mentioned Gwen on our blogs today.
    Your pants look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those fit perfectly, Faye. If it isn't broke, don't fix it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your outfit and you take a great picture!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like wonderful pants and skirts for you wardrobe, I love the colors. I am so happy to "see" you again, great pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  7. As always looks great. Thanks for being a sense of inspiration for us!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have been busy. .. great basics and would also like to know more about the wrinkling reducing technique.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look wonderful in your pants. And I love the skirts too :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You've been busy and with great results!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like you have your basics out the way! They fit great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love all the new pieces in your fab wardrobe!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You had a very successful sewing session. Your pants are a nice fit and the colors are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR LOOKING IN. YOUR COMMENTS ARE ALWAYS APPRECIATED!!!

Paying Homage to Black Pattern Designers...

...for years February has been set aside as a special time to learn about and recognize accomplishments of African Americans and other peopl...