July 27, 2016

RETROISH BOXY TOPS...

...the pattern companies lavished us with cute, retro looking boxy tops this summer.  One that caught my eye right off the bat was Simplicity 8090.  I made two of view C, one to wear inside and one for outside.

I need more summer pj's so I used a tiny printed cotton fabric that has been in my stash for eons to make a matching pair. For the pj shorts I used McCall's 6848 view E with the ruffled leg.   I used a soft gray and white seersucker to make my outdoor version of the Simplicity top.

Matching summer PJ's anyone????

4 comments:

  1. What a cute pajama set. Looks cool and comfy! Love your outdoor version of the top too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much! I love your new skirt and pants and the idea of having a pants and skirt sloper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These tops are so cute, Faye! I'm going to check if I have that S8090, and I still can't get that other Simplicity top that you recently made for a friend; that top was so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Candice! I'm sure you'll love both S8128 (the one I made for my friend, comes with a skirt pattern too), and S8090.

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR LOOKING IN. YOUR COMMENTS ARE ALWAYS APPRECIATED!!!

Paying Homage to Black Pattern Designers...

...for years February has been set aside as a special time to learn about and recognize accomplishments of African Americans and other peopl...