July 30, 2016

UFO REVISITED (SMT JULY CHALLENGE)...

...I had wanted a simple striped Tee Shirt Dress for quite some time, so when this pattern was introduced I rushed to purchase it.  McCall's 6886 - every body and their mother has made this super simple Tee Shirt Dress.
Only four pattern pieces, created just for knits, neckline & sleeve variations, and the feature that I like most - no bust darts.  But what should have been the easiest project ever ended up taking me eleven months to complete.

So why did it take me so long? - the stripes!  I usually don't have too much trouble getting stripes to match.  I guess I was in too much of a hurry when I started this project in August 2015 so things just didn't go as planned.  I tried to tell myself that the stripes not matching on the side seams didn't matter, but really I didn't have the heart or want to take the time to undo long serged side seams.  After all as we know RTW stripes quite often don't match either.   This week I asked Carol Ware for a serger removal tutorial and she complied via Periscope with a quick and easy method.

The results, fantastic
 Now on to the the next project...

19 comments:

  1. Faye - I love the stripe match and I'm so glad that you got the dress to work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks lovely Faye - and you also know how to undo serging quickly now! So well worth the pain!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just couldn't bear to throw the dress away Sarah. It was worth it. Hope you had a very happy birthday!

      Delete
  3. Lovely dress, Faye and you'll wear it much more happily now you know your stripes match perfectly. Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Kathy. I probably wouldn't have work it at all unmatched.

      Delete
  4. Conquered!! Great dress Faye.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks good Faye and your stripe-matching is boss!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a great dress! Glad the serger thread removal wasn't a pain!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job matching those stripes! Love your dress!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow look at those perfect stripes. Great job

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the shout out Ms. Faye! The stripes are SLAY!!

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR LOOKING IN. YOUR COMMENTS ARE ALWAYS APPRECIATED!!!

Paying Homage to Black Pattern Designers...

...for years February has been set aside as a special time to learn about and recognize accomplishments of African Americans and other peopl...