September 4, 2017

NATIONAL SEWING MONTH - DAY 4...

...
SEWING TIP OF THE DAY
(Maybe you've heard this, but just in case you haven't) 

BUTTON, BUTTON, WHO HAS THE BUTTON?
1. For more stable button holes, use water soluble or tear away stabilizer on the bottom of the garment next to the feed dogs.  Someone gave me this advice and I've been using it ever since.  I love the results!
2. Make one or two practice buttonholes before making the real deal on the garment you are constructing.
3. When shopping for buttons, cut a hole in a fabric swatch of your garment fabric to take with you.  Slip the button on the card through the hole.  This will help you make quick decisions on which buttons to buy.



6 comments:

  1. OOO- bringing the fabric with you to pick out buttons- that's a great one! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laurinda i am so glad you found this tip helpful!!!

      Delete
  2. I recently started using tear away stabilizer for buttonholes and I agree, it makes such a big difference!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Tomasa I love the results. The lady at the repair shop told me this tip and I've been using it every since.

      Delete
  3. oooh that last one is so simple but genius!

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR LOOKING IN. YOUR COMMENTS ARE ALWAYS APPRECIATED!!!

Paying Homage to Black Pattern Designers...

...for years February has been set aside as a special time to learn about and recognize accomplishments of African Americans and other peopl...