December 21, 2017

THE SEARCH HAS ENDED...

... I WAS TOLD THIS PATTERN HAD JUST UP AND LEFT THE PLANET, but I just refused to believe it!  Why I didn't buy this pattern when it was released? - I just don't know!  It's the ever elusive Vogue 8601 jacket pattern that so many people are also searching for too.
I've had a picture of this pattern on the sidebar of my blog several years ago under the heading of "ON A MAD PATTERN HUNT FOR:" and it just sat there with no results at all. I remember doing at least a couple of blog posts about my search in the past.  This year I got bold and posted several All Points Bulletins for the pattern in several Facebook Sewing Groups, on Instagram and on Twitter. I just figured that "you have not if you ask not".  I had several bites, but still no pattern.

Then in late November at Thanksgiving time I received two direct messages with offers to let me use the pattern.
Vogue 8601 in both size ranges
Sooo I have to take the time to give BIG SHOUT OUTS  to Miranda Vorres and Carrie Rhinier (both from the Sew Much Talent (gr) Facebook group) for helping me end this pattern search!  Thank you both from the bottom of my heart!  If all goes as planned information about this jacket  construction WILL be making appearances here on the blog very soon!!!



10 comments:

  1. Congratulations Faye! And thank you to those very kind ladies! Look forward to seeing your jacket soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous news! So pleased for you Faye!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful! (So now we'll all be waiting to see the fabulous new jacket.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful when we are "Helpers to one another" ... FIESTA :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Yes indeed Vanessa, I am one happy camper to have finally acquired this pattern!

      Delete

THANKS FOR LOOKING IN. YOUR COMMENTS ARE ALWAYS APPRECIATED!!!

Paying Homage to Black Pattern Designers...

...for years February has been set aside as a special time to learn about and recognize accomplishments of African Americans and other peopl...