February 25, 2018

TODAY'S THE DAY: THE #2018 DAYANDNIGHTDRESSCHALLENGE REVEAL...

...truly it was wonderful being a part of the #2018DayandNightDressChallenge hosted by ElizabethMadeThis.  Last year I watch her first challenge from afar in awe of all the marvelous work showcased by the many talented sewists from all over the world.  I had no idea that I would be asked to join this years challenge!  This was really a dream come true, as I always fantasize collaborating in some form or fashion with sewists from the internet sewing community.

Day Dress:  Jasper Sweater/Dress by Paprika Patterns
Night Dress:  McCall's 7622
You can read more about my construction details TODAY at ElizabethMadeThis.com
As it is with all my projects big or small, I do stress just a little bit,  (you can ask my Mother about that because she gets to hear it all folks - poor lady).  With this project it was mostly over pattern selection and choosing suitable fabrics.  I also had another dream come true moment in this challenge; having the opportunity to have my pick of an entire website (Stylish Fabrics.com) for fabric for my night dress. I have to remind myself that "Dreams Do Still Come True"!  I'd like to have that one come true on the regular (lol)!
It turned out that the Black ITY knit was an excellent choice for bringing my vision of a cute, flirty night dress to life.
I'm always in search of Black ITY in my local area because I can use it for so many drapey projects, but it is so rare that I can find it.  So as an added bonus for my readers Stylish Fabrics.com is offering a 25% Discount on their website for Black ITY with the code: "LINDA" (you do remember that's my first name - right (lol), if you would like to have some too. 

As always - THANKS FOR READING...

28 comments:

  1. Love both dresses on you. The Jasper looks so stylish with the leather touches and the McCall's is quite flattering on you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Catherine. I love the way they turned out!

      Delete
  2. You did a wonderful job on both,but my favorite is the McCall's. The drape on that dress is perfect. Boots are an excellent footwear choice for both.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG!!! Those are gorgeous dresses and you styled them perfectly!!! They look great on you!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow Summer your OMG comment made me feel real good. Thank you so much!

      Delete
  4. Both dresses are great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Faye, both dresses are fabulous! The evening dress is so lovely, the shape is really nice on you. I may try it too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andrea I took a chance with the evening dress because I always thought it would not be a good silhouette for me. Because I am over weight right now I always try to avoid dresses that have too much fabric. But I love the way this dress looks on me and I don't feel fat when wearing it (lol).

      Delete
  6. Faye, as I mentioned on the FB Group, both your dresses are absolutely Lovely! And that night dress is stunning and sexy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Myra! I can't hardly wait until your debut!

      Delete
  7. Again, I think both dresses are so well done!!! Your day dress is so classy, composed, and Hepburn-like. Your night dress is so flirty! So nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Vanessa I like that Hepburn-like part!

      Delete
  8. You did a great job, Faye. However, the night dress is quiet, understated elegance. Just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very lovely Faye ... FIESTA :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks just great on you Faye. I especially like the night time version. Very elegant !!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I completely know what you mean about stressing over sewing projects. I'm the same way - I get ridiculously nervous.
    But you'd never be able to tell Faye, they both look so well made! And they're both styled so wonderfully! Your day dress is my favourite but you're pulling off the night dress mightily well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like the day dress to Doja. I should have made it long ago.

      Delete
  12. I LOVE that off shoulder dress SO.MUCH.!!!!!!!

    Great looks Faye!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both are lovely, but that black “ cold shoulder” dress and boots is a clear winner! Beautiful dresses.

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR LOOKING IN. YOUR COMMENTS ARE ALWAYS APPRECIATED!!!

Paying Homage to Black Pattern Designers...

...for years February has been set aside as a special time to learn about and recognize accomplishments of African Americans and other peopl...