April 22, 2018

#2018 Tops That Pop - Day 8...

...
Day 8 - #2018 TOPS THAT POP SEW-A-LONG
79 Participants (including me)
(TOPS COMPLETED TO DATE:  35)
THE SUNDAY ADDITION

 Ann Watts did it twice today.
Ann Watts' in her Itch to Stitch Uvita Top
 
Ann Watt's in her Grainline Studios Hummingbird print Scout Woven Tee
Lisa Finley's really cute boatneck Burda 6415
Crystal Collins in her Itch to Stitch Lago Tank
Sunny G's cute peasant top from Charm Patterns by Gertie
I was determined to complete my third top today because as we all know - the work week starts tomorrow.  Plan my weekday evenings as I may, the bulk of my sewing happens on the weekend.
I reached back for an oldie but goodie, Simplicity4147 mainly because I've made it twice before and it's summer cute.  My perfectionism didn't kick in too badly today so I was able to get this completed pretty quickly - plus, I didn't have to search too far to find the pattern.
All in all it was a great week for the #2018TopsThatPop Sew-a-long.  Looking forward to seeing lots and lots of new tops popping up during week two.
#2018TOPSTHATPOP SPONSORS...

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for including me in your round-up, Ms.Faye. Love seeing all the beautiful tops! You have awesome prints! Where do you get them? And I need to know more about Crystal Collins' suit she paired with her Lagos tank, gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am over joyed that you are involved in the sew-a-long Sun-Hee G! Here is the link to Crystal's Instagram page and I think she has a YouTube Channel as well: https://www.instagram.com/p/BhZmAZRBi7p/?hl=en&taken-by=crystalsewsandstuff
      As for my prints, they come form several places, mainly Hancock's (the bulk of my stash is from Hancock's) before they closed down, or Joann's. I made several trips to NYC Garment District some years ago and I still have fabric from both of those trips. I have also visited Fine Fabrics in Atlanta a couple of times. My stash is not as large as I would like. I guess nobody's is (lol).

      Delete
  2. All of the tops are coming along beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they are Elizabeth. I am getting more and more excited every day!

      Delete

THANKS FOR LOOKING IN. YOUR COMMENTS ARE ALWAYS APPRECIATED!!!

Paying Homage to Black Pattern Designers...

...for years February has been set aside as a special time to learn about and recognize accomplishments of African Americans and other peopl...