May 12, 2018

Hello Sewing World - I Want It All Pants Fitting...

...back in mid March - before I got deeply involved in planning the #2018TOPSTHATPOP Sew-a-long, I had started back in on pants fitting.  Remember my "I WANT IT ALL" posts from last year? Well I still want it all but this time I'm approaching pants fitting brand new way.  I finally took a deep breath and ordered a "made for me" pants sloper from Bootstrap Fashions.  I had always been a little leery about plug in your measurements computer generated patterns; but finally figured "what the heck", and gave it a try.  I am so tired of trying to tweak to achieve a correct crouch curve fit!  So with the help of Andrea of Sew to Fit I plugged in my numbers and then ordered sloper pattern # 85309 complete with seam allowances.

The sloper was pushed to the back burner while I facilitated the sewalong. I had to actually search around for it this morning.  I got a little nervous at first, but finally found it crumpled in the bottom of a work in progress project basket.  I pressed it before taking the pictures (didn't want to subject you to a wrinkly mess) so I could really see what I'm working with.
So it's just me in the sewing room this morning in my Sami Cami and my new pants sloper.  I like these results very well.  My plans are to add side slant pockets and move forward with this sloper to successful pants...

11 comments:

  1. Well I think it looks really good!!! I can't wait to see how you progress through this process. My pants sloper is a crumpled mess somewhere in my sewing room as I type, lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should have seen this one before I pressed all the wrinkles out. It had sat in limbo for a full month. I had to search to find it.

      Delete
  2. It certainly is a bitch to get pants to fit well for some of us, isn't it? But, it is definitely worth the effort. Enjoy your pants sloper. My one piece of advice, since I've been there, is to date your sloper, make a copy and put the original away. Make any fitting changes to the copy and see if it actually is better before altering your original.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great advice Nancy you are the greatest! I've been there done something like that too. I've got some pant muslins floating around in here and can't even remember what patterns I made them from. But I did write all over this one.

      Delete
  3. These are looking great so far! Good luck. The top you’re wearing looks really nice too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. The top is the Ogden Cami by True Bias.

      Delete
  4. Good luck with the pants! And if you should need some fitting help, I found great tips on the Silhouette Patterns YouTube channel. If only I had all the time in the world to watch their Fit 2 Stitch show..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Barbara. Yes I like Peggy Sagers too!

      Delete
  5. The pants are looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They do look good, Ms. Faye.

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR LOOKING IN. YOUR COMMENTS ARE ALWAYS APPRECIATED!!!

Paying Homage to Black Pattern Designers...

...for years February has been set aside as a special time to learn about and recognize accomplishments of African Americans and other peopl...