April 1, 2008

APPLE GREEN "LUCY" JACKET

I am making progress on my apple green "Lucy" Jacket. I'm very much in love with this style and glad to see that it has carried over into the spring/summer fashions in one form or another. I'm seeing long sleeved, 3/4" sleeved and cropped sleeved ones in all the stores and fashion catalogs; and plan on making several for the new season for myself.

My muslin is as finished as I can get it - I guess. I even put the collar and front facing on it because I wanted to make sure that I knew how to do it before cutting the fashion fabric. Here's a picture of the finished muslin; I plan on completing the jacket this weekend - maybe.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog today! I am impressed with how you're throwing yourself back into sewing and doing it so well. I will have to try the mousepad under the pedal trick too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! your muslin jacket looks good. Looking forward to your FO.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I was serious enough to make a real muslin. It already looks great, I can't wait to see the green lucy jacket for real!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Faye .- the muslin looks great. I can not wait to see in the original fabric. Green apple, color so beautiful. Greetings and see you soon. Paco

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR LOOKING IN. YOUR COMMENTS ARE ALWAYS APPRECIATED!!!

Paying Homage to Black Pattern Designers...

...for years February has been set aside as a special time to learn about and recognize accomplishments of African Americans and other peopl...