April 20, 2008

WEEKEND MUSING

I had the privledge of spending a wonderful evening with THE ARTIST LISA!, and her daughters at the art gallary on Friday evening. Here's a picture of her standing next to one of her paintings displayed at the gallary (glad I had my camera with me). It was a wonderful experience for me and an enjoyable evening. After the showing we went for coffee/sewing talk and our evening was priceless. I just love talking and sharing with her. She is such an inspiration!
I've also been working on one of my sewing related goals of beefing up my sewing room. I put up this shelfing unit yesterday (I NEED EVERYONE IN BLOGLAND praying with me that this thing stays up on the wall.) I am not a carpenter, but I finally got them up with much agony. So I was able to go FROM THIS:
TO THIS:
(Notice the cake tin on the bottom shelf; it belonged to my great-grand mother, Jessie Lee Thomas - I can't bear parting with her button tin so I gave it a place on the shelf.)

The cost of shelving units was complements of my sister Brenda. Thanks again Brenda!

Next I plan on putting up a colorful pegboard that will help me organize my space better by hanging up rulers, scissors and things that I need handy all the time.

I haven't started on my next sewing project yet cause all my time this weekend has been spent on the shelves. But I did make a fabric purchase this weekend - I bought a pink striped pin cord fabric for a pants suit. My next project will be something easy though like a knit tee shirt. Lisa and I have a "SEW-A-LONG" planned for next weekend - more about that later.

6 comments:

  1. Shelves look nice! I'm glad you've had such a nice weekend. Can't wait to hear about y'alls sew-a-long!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Faye .- I am pleased to know that you had a weekend so wonderful. I hope to win his next project in the sewing ..... Best wishes. Paco

    ReplyDelete
  3. The shelves look great! I had a similar system (with wire shelves) in my previous house - it held my fabric stash.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a good job on the shelving. Its so nice to have a sewing buddy and glad you enjoyed it. Lisa's art work is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Faye those shelves are a godsend!! I some in my kitvhen and the wire onesin my craft room! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful. Glad you had a great time. Lisa is certainly the crafty one. She is an inspiration.

    Blessings on your sewing room make over.

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR LOOKING IN. YOUR COMMENTS ARE ALWAYS APPRECIATED!!!

Paying Homage to Black Pattern Designers...

...for years February has been set aside as a special time to learn about and recognize accomplishments of African Americans and other peopl...