2013 ESSENTIAL TOPS SEW-A-LONG FINISHED PROJECTS

April 25, 2010

STUCK - IN THE SEWING ROOM...

not that I can't get out, but this weekend I just found myself in a precarious place that I call stuck. I had a really hard time trying to decide on what my next project was going to be. Mind you, this doesn't happen often because it just works out that I have so many sewing projects planned that the process usually flows pretty smoothly. During my last frenzy I cut out three tops and a dress. The results of that cutting frenzy has kept me busy for two weeks - I put the finishing touches on this Butterick wrap dress on Friday night.

So by Saturday I needed to make a decision on my next sewing projects, and just couldn't come up with any ideas. I finally decided to give New Look 6936 a try. I was able to get this dress done in a day as it went together easily and without a hitch.

The Spring Month of Tops Sew-a-long is in its final week. Initially, I committed to making 4 tops - but I was able to get 5 done. I'm now thinking that I might be able to squeeze in one more top this week. So I cut it out today and hope to complete it by the weekend....

17 comments:

  1. I have lots of next projects, I just don't seem to have as much time. It is sort-of like the kid whose eyes are bigger than his stomach! I am trying to phrase it to fit my sewing life, but it just isn't working for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute dresses! I have so many projects going on that I get stuck on which one to complete and work on... or start a new one. I've been working on 2 tops, but I don't think I can get both of them completed this week... hopefully at least one. Have an awesome week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I particularly like your blue and white floral dress. It looks like a good pattern too. I just realised that I sewed 2 tops this month. I could add them to your Spring top month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the print of the first dress!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The spring New Look dress looks really good. Gotta love knit dresses that go together so quick! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This pattern is a winner! I really like fabric you chose for the first dress.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two more nice dresses!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You blow me away with all the sewing you get done in such a short period of time. Everything is always made impeccably well, to boot!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You must take pics of you in these dresses. They are beautiful! I especially love the 3/4 sleeve black and pink one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. 2 pretty dresses! Very nice prints!

    ReplyDelete
  11. these are two beautiful dresses, and look perfect for spring!! I especially like the second one; such a soft pretty print...

    ReplyDelete
  12. You sure are a busy sewing bee!! I've been eyeing that new look pattern for a long time....glad you made it up!! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Honey, you have a way of getting it all done. You are definitely cranking the garments out. I LOVE these 2 dresses. Nice job!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. First of all, I totally love all the dresses you are making right now. I am jealous. Second of all, don't worry about my package. I have plenty on my plate. Third, did you get the one I sent you? The seam allowances are 1/4 inch. What? Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those are really cute dresses!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Bravo! Two great dresses in one weekend.

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR LOOKING IN. YOUR COMMENTS ARE ALWAYS APPRECIATED!!!

BOOKS ACQUIRED

  • Pants Sewing Guide
  • Denim Revolution
  • Pants for Real People
  • Jackets for Real Peopls
  • Easy, Easier, Easiest Tailoring - Palmer & Pletsch - Gifted
  • The Sewing Machine Attachment Handbook
  • Ribbon Crafts
  • Professional Sewing Techniques for Designers
  • Successful Serging
  • Making Trousers for Men and Women
  • Couture Sewing Techniques
  • Singer - Perfect Plus
  • Cool Couture
  • Couture, The Fine Art of Sewing
  • Singer Sewing Reference Library - Tailoring - GIFTED
  • The Perfect Fit: The Classic Guide to Altering Patterns - Creative Publishing International
  • Fit for Real People
  • DK-The Complete Book of Sewing