May 2, 2010

THE END OF THE SPRING MONTH OF TOPS SEW-A-LONG...

...increased work load, fatigue, and not feeling all that great kept me from meeting my sewing goals for this week. Oh well, that's the way things go sometimes. I had planned on finishing one last top by Friday to complete the sew-a-long (well, that didn't happen). I had also planned on cutting and completing another dress, but sometimes the best laid plans don't come to fruition. I did get the top finished on Saturday however, so I am still going to count it as my 6th for the challenge. Initially, I committed myself to only 4 tops, but pushed just a bit further because:
  • #1 I love having new tops - they give a little added boost to my wardrobe without a lot of effort. Most tops are easy to sew up (especially those made from knits).
  • #2 I felt that since I started the challenge, I should at least make 6.
I loved the tops that Sheila made for the sew-a-long from New Look 6915 so I borrowed her idea.It's been a great Sew-A-Long! It is so nice to interact with other sewists from all over the place. We've shared pattern/fabric choices, techniques, ideas and style. Here's a few sew-a-long stats:
  • 27 sewists signed up for the challenge (16 actually participated)
  • The blog amassed 22 followers
  • There were a total of 49 posts
  • A total of 44 tops were added to our wardrobes
I'd like to THANK everyone who participated! I had fun and hope that you did too....

17 comments:

  1. Anonymous5/02/2010

    Thanks for hosting the sew-a-long Faye.
    It was fun and there were some really lovely tops made.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5/02/2010

    Those are great Sew-along stats - 44 tops made!
    I had been wondering what this pattern would look like made up. Can I persuade you to do a photo of you wearing it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sew-along was a success! Just wanted to add that I LOVE making tops too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that's a lot of tops!
    Your top is very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was a great sew a long. Although I did not participate I enjoyed all the tops that were made and I got lots of inspirations for my future sewing projects

    ReplyDelete
  6. Faye - your productivity is amazing! I know you are feeling like you didn't get everything accomplished but seriously you have done some major sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed the Month of Tops Sew Along. I wanted to participate but I knew my schedule would not allow it in April. This was a very busy month for me - TAXES!! 44 tops is great for the month. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Faye for hosting the sew-along. I would have loved to sew more tops too, all the same I had great time and saw lots of beautiful tops which I have added some new patterns to my stash..It was really great seeing all the beautiful creations ...and 44 tops... was a great achievement. Thanks once again and have a nice week

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like this fabric. I sewed 4 tops this month and didn't even sign up for the sewalong! After seeing the wonderful versions of NL6915 that you and Sheila have made I am definitely going to add it to my sewing queue. It's a really versatile pattern. Count me in next time you have a month of tops.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats ! What a great outcome. And I love this animal print top!Grrr!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Faye,

    Thank you so much for hosting the sew-a-long. I had a great time again. I really like this last top you made. It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You made lots of beautiful tops... hopefully I'll be in the right mindset to join this fall... I've been so set on doing other things lately... I haven't made a top in a while!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great top!! Thanks for hosting the sew-a-long!! It was so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Impressive stats! Love that last top.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Way to go. You never cease to amaze me with your skill and speed!!! I love this last top!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. loved the sew along even though I only made two tops, thanks for the encouragement. BTW, your tops look great love the fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  17. That was a blast!
    Congratulations to the success of the event.

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR LOOKING IN. YOUR COMMENTS ARE ALWAYS APPRECIATED!!!

Paying Homage to Black Pattern Designers...

...for years February has been set aside as a special time to learn about and recognize accomplishments of African Americans and other peopl...