October 31, 2011

AN ALL OUT FALL DRESS PALOOZA...

My friend Ebony says that I'm having an all out DRESS PALOOZA!


PALOOZA:  
  • an all-out crazy party
  • an exaggerated event
  • a remarkable or wonderful person or thing
  • something excellent
  • the person throwing the party gets to add the palooza prefix

Does three dress a party make???  I think so!  Here's a picture of my third fall dress; Number 4 is one-third complete.  The party is on...




Wearing Analysis:
  • Very comfortable all day long, however I will wear a slip with it next time as the skirt was a bit clingy.
  • I'm noticing that there is definitely a difference in the texture of printed ponte de roma and the solid, but I still LOVE it.
  • I loved it and so did many others.  I got a lot of orders (made me smile) but I didn't accept any.  My coined answer: "I'll teach you to make your own".  I don't get many takers on that one.
  • Will probably make another maybe in a solid color.

Happily sewing - hope you are too...

20 comments:

  1. Another gorgeous dress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! :) Party on Faye!
    Quick question re pilling: I worn and laundered my ponte knit tunic a few times already since completed and it's starting to pill. How do you take care of yours?

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are really rocking that retro look . Also your very easy very vouge dress looks great - with the low slung belt and boots you look positively dangererous (this is a compliment - I dont want any misinterpretations. ) I agree with Far - keeping the party rolling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Janine; that look is great on you. I love the print.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Palooza on! It looks great and you wear it with such panache!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic! It is a Palooza!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The pattern looks great; red is a good color on you. Glad you're having fun with your fall sewing list. And it's a great idea to tell people you'll teach them how to make their own: either they'll try, or they'll hush. Just brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks great,Faye. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This dress is so great on you! Love the print! Palooza on!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your dress! That is so cute on you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very nice dress Faye!! Glad to see you're enjoying your Dress Palooza!!! By the way...I'm with you on being selfish with my sewing, too many clients leads to no sewn clothes for yourself!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely dress and with all your dress palooza going on I need a few dresses.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Boy Faye, you did it again!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Faye,

    I saw your comment on Victoria's blog about Pattern Grading Rulers.

    I'm in the UK and can't find them anywhere except in the US + you're finding the the opposite problem LOL!

    So, I wonder if we could swap links?

    The x2 US stores I found for the rulers are:-

    (1) FIDM Store - Pattern Grading Scale for $5.00 exc. shipping
    (2) Fashion Patterns by Coni Crawford - Grading Ruler for $8.00 exc. shipping

    My email address is in my blogger profile :)

    Best wishes,
    Claire

    ReplyDelete
  15. A great dress! I can see why others were coveting it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yeah, you are certainly having a dress palooza. This is cute and love the print. Isn't it something when you get compliments and orders? Lol Teaching them to sew is the best way and the best answer.
    C

    ReplyDelete
  17. Faye, you did a beautiful job . What pattern is that? I would love to make it! dara

    ReplyDelete
  18. Glad you went for the slip option.

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR LOOKING IN. YOUR COMMENTS ARE ALWAYS APPRECIATED!!!

Paying Homage to Black Pattern Designers...

...for years February has been set aside as a special time to learn about and recognize accomplishments of African Americans and other peopl...