...in December Lynn of You SewGirl awarded me two beautiful blog awards. Another sewing blogger also sent me the same awards around the same time, but I cannot remember who she was. So sorry that it has taken me this long to acknowledge receipt.
Here are the rules:
1. Thank the person who nominated you.
2. Add the One Lovely Blog Award/The Very Inspiring Blogger Award to your post.
3. Share 7 things about yourself.
4. Pass the award on to 10 other bloggers that inspire you.
5. Include the rules.
6. Inform your nominees.
Seven Things About Me
1. I have just a tiny bit of OCDism. I can't stand it when objects are not straight; i.e., chairs in a row, pictures on a wall etc.
2. I am the oldest of four siblings. I find it amazing that for generations everyone in my family who has had children has had either one child or four - really, I researched this.
3. My body craves dark, leafy green vegetables and I must have them at least two or three times a week. Good thing right?
4. The majority of my friends are at least 10 years younger than I am. I never plan it that way - it just always happens. I actually like having younger friends - they keep my thinking fresh.
5. I've always secretly aspired to be a writer - there, my secrets out!
6. I have NEVER traveled outside of the continental United States. When I was in high school I wanted to be a flight attendant so I could see the world - for free. (I also thought that I wanted to have 12 children - inspired by the book "Cheaper by the Dozen". I had dreams of Spain, France and England. Neither of those things happened and I'm o.k. with it now.
7. I'm a cookbook collector (at last count I had over 300), but never mind sending me any. Since I've started back sewing fabric/pattern shopping has taken the place of collecting cookbooks. I rarely buy any now, but I still MUST have my yearly copy Southern Living Annual Cookbook. I own every copy of it, and actually subscribe so it comes automatically - except for this year. I need to contact Oxmoor House about my missing 2012 cookbook that hasn't come yet!
My Inspirational Bloggers
You probably know that I read a lot of blogs and admire and am inspired by them all. If you aren't already reading these blogs, may I please suggest them:
It's Melanie Darling -http://itsmelaniedarling.blogspot.com
Merchehan - http://aventurasdecosturas.blogspot.com
Tee - http://dressed2atee.blogspot.com
Shelly - http://shellystorey.blogspot.com
Yuki - http://mycatsew.blogspot.com/
Beverly - http://bjsewmuchmore.blogspot.com
Lauren - http://laurensvirtualworld.blogspot.com
Sewingsista - http://sewgirl54.blogspot.com
I AM TRULY GRATEFUL to all who for the acknowledge my blog...