July 7, 2014

SKIRTING the issue...

...again I've found myself twix and between sewing projects.  You know the deal, wanna sew but can't make up my mind what to sew.  Recently I've been seeing information about a great sew-a-long called Skirting the Issue.

It's a wonderful initiative that uses your sewing skills to benefit girls in foster care - wish I'd thought about doing this.  But since I didn't, and since I don't know what to sew right now, I've decided to get involved in this project.  The sew-a-long runs until August 15th; so if you're interested, you can get all the information you need here.  I guess the skirts will be distributed just in time for back to school.

Here's a picture of my skirt.  It's s gray and black leopard print pontederoma - I have a skirt just like it that I made during my Skirt Carnival several years ago.   It's a simple A-line, elastic waist version of Simplicity 1334.  Easy, peazy.  Took me about 1 hour to complete from cutting out to finished product.  (you know I'm a slow sewer).  I think it will look great with a black t-shirt and black tights.  I made sure to give it just as much care as put into my own self-made garments.  I hope that the little girl who receives it wears it in health and happiness.

Such an easy make, I might make another one when I get time to look through my stash ...



8 comments:

  1. What a great cause and a super way to use your sewing skills ~ you have def's made one little girl very happy with this skirt ... J

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Judith. I think it's a wonderful cause.

      Delete
  2. That is so cool! Love the skirt too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. faye that's awesome!! i'm trying to get one in too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous7/08/2014

    Nice and I'm beginning to love skirts, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! my kind of easy skirt, am a fool for elastic waistlines!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely way to get your sewjo up - making something simple that will give someone who needs it great pleasure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. love this print! Perfect skirt to pair with a cute jacket or just little tee, and with endless colors.

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR LOOKING IN. YOUR COMMENTS ARE ALWAYS APPRECIATED!!!

Paying Homage to Black Pattern Designers...

...for years February has been set aside as a special time to learn about and recognize accomplishments of African Americans and other peopl...