January 13, 2015

CIAO BELLA...

... if McCall's 6844 was not named 2014 pattern of the year - it certainly should have been.  I loved this pattern from the very first time I laid eyes on it.  I talked about ladies crowding me at the pattern cabinet while trying to get to it (here).  I was so serious about adding it to my collection that I was ready to fight for it if necessary.  So glad that I didn't have to fight for it; I would hate to get banned from Hancock Fabrics.  The pattern is so versatile offering four view ((but what would I know about all that versatility - I can't seem to move past View C.  The pattern has been well used - this  being my 5th - LOVE IT!!!)

Here it is being modeled by my friend Dawn - must say she styled it perfectly.
So if you have yet to try McCall's 6844 you might want to give it a whirl.  I am almost sure there are a few more of them lurking in my future...

15 comments:

  1. I have this pattern too! I simply must get around to making this. Your version is great and yes, your friend is working it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tomasa I PROMISE you that you'll love this pattern and after making it you'll wonder why you didn't make it up sooner. It's real quick and easy.

      Delete
  2. Like you I knew it would be a winner immediately. I've made 6. And two for my mom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mrs. Smith I see you love this pattern just as much as I do. So you have made 8. I'm sure a few more will coming out of my sewing room.

      Delete
  3. I must have been living under a rock because I don't remember seeing this pattern before now. Thanks for the ringing endorsement, and you can tell Dawn loves it. Great smile!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dawn did look like she loves it. She came in early in the morning looking stunning and it boosted my sewing confidence. Promise you will love this pattern.

      Delete
  4. I have mare one and thanks for the reminder. .... I will be wearing ithe tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been putting McCall's patterns in my cart over at the Pattern Review $2.99 sale that ends today & I thought about this one but didn't do it. After reading your review (& many of the others on PR) I decided to get it! AND...I finished my Gingers!!! They're on my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw your Gingers earlier today - and OMGoodness, they are gorgeous!!! You will be sooooo glad you put McCall's 6844 in your cart!

      Delete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a classic pattern that is for sure. Like you will be making more...already have some spring/summer fabric from my stash picked out. Look, I know I will be sewing this a lot so I went and bought another pattern so if my current pattern wore out I would have a back. Plus it was on sale at Hobby Lobby which I knew was meant to be!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love my version too! Need to make a couple more!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very educating story, saved your site for hopes to read more! how to pick a sewing machine for beginners

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR LOOKING IN. YOUR COMMENTS ARE ALWAYS APPRECIATED!!!

Paying Homage to Black Pattern Designers...

...for years February has been set aside as a special time to learn about and recognize accomplishments of African Americans and other peopl...