January 18, 2015

MY TAKE ON JUNGLE JANUARY...

...Jungle January is in it's 3rd year (I think)

  Every year I've wanted to take part but was always busy with something else at the time.  This year I signed up and finished my animalistic project last night. JERSEY KNIT oh how I've missed you.  I had forgotten how lovely you sew up, ahhhh I do love you.  I've had this fabric for several years now and remember purchasing from Joann's.  Really I've always thought it was some sort of crazy cheetah print, but the longer I look at it - it's starting to look a little reptilish.  I'll lavish my body with all kinds of animal reminisces but NOT reptile.  Oh well, imma wear this top though.

Back Story:
Late last year Myra (1simpleinspiration) made the StyleArc Lolita knit top and I fell in LOVE.  I contemplated purchasing the pattern but kept thinking that I already had a similar pattern.  This is what I found deep down in the pattern stash:
Vogue 8152 wayyyyyy OOP (2005)
Not exactly like the independent pattern, but close enough to appease me.  A very unusual top being that it has a mandatory back zipper, and the collar, to my surprise, does not attach to the neckline at all.
Front 
Back and closeups of the collar construction    



Changes made to the pattern:  I double the twist collar and added elastic to the interior to create a ruched effect at the back neckline.

Alright-y then, one Jungle January project under my belt.  If you agree that the print is reptilish don't tell me because I'm still going to pretend that it's a crazy cheetah print... 

17 comments:

  1. Welcome to the jungle!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you know I love this top Faye! Yes, it is VERY similar in look to the one I made! No I'm going to have to disagree with you here, I really think this looks like an animal print! I love the fabric too! I even pull my hubby away from the Packers game for the second time today, to ask him..."Animal Print" he grumbled at me as he went right back to his game! LOL! So I guess it's unanimous in our house, it's animal print! Either way, it's a great top!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Myra and tell your husband thanks too!

      Delete
  3. Great new top and reptile or cheetah it's still animal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see cheetah in that print. The blouse will be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it. I can definitely see a very stylish cheetah. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. a collor that's not attached, now that's interesting! lets call it a blurry cheetah lol! whatever you decide what it isit looks great! I've got to hurry over to the jungle myself lol!

    Helen

    Helen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Helen! Yes, be sure you come to the jungle too.

      Delete
  7. I love animal prints! I have too many in my wardrobe I'm pretty sure. This looks like Cheetah to me! :) Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Faye, I love your top. I have that fabric in a cardigan. My daughter has it too but hasn't made anything as of yet. I always thought of it as an animal print. I love all animal prints.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I see fangs...so it must be cheetah. Great looking top. The pattern is a close second in my book. In our case, seconds are good when we copy other designs, right.

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR LOOKING IN. YOUR COMMENTS ARE ALWAYS APPRECIATED!!!

Paying Homage to Black Pattern Designers...

...for years February has been set aside as a special time to learn about and recognize accomplishments of African Americans and other peopl...