March 1, 2015

...Although I've finished my recent "Poncho Phase", (here's a picture of the last of my unselfish sewing for a while)


I wanted to mention that when I first got interested in making this simple design I was perplexed as to how to pull it together.  So of course I turned to my old friend Google for help.  What a wonderful world we live in - I can Google ANYTHING and most likely come up with an answer that quenches my thirst for knowledge on any given subject.  Fancifrocks inquired about how I put the poncho together:
I used instructions from Smile and Wave, but was still a little unsure about how to sew the 2 rectangles together until I found this picture on Google
Hope that helps Fancifrocks and anyone else who might be interested in the directions...


11 comments:

  1. That look so easy and cute, too! Thanks for the directions, Faye. What sort of fabric is it? I can see this in a nice georgette print.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would make up nicely in georgette for spring/winter. All of the ones I made were wool.

      Delete
  2. So cute and I need to remember to use Google more often!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Faye . Very helpful. I live in Sydney Australia and poncho season is just around the corner! We've had a beautiful summer but one always looks forward to the next season. I'm going to go through the stash and see what I can find. Thank you for your quick response . Cheers Ann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so welcome!, I try really hard to respond unless I overlook a question. This is an extremely quick make that only takes 1 yard of fabric. I made all of mine from wool so its a very useful winter garment.

      Delete
  4. I love your poncho and thanks for the picture instructions - they would be confusing to explain but the picture says everything.

    Google is a great liberator - I fixed my garage door this weekend thanks to Google. Two decades ago, I would have been out of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your poncho and thanks for the picture instructions - they would be confusing to explain but the picture says everything.

    Google is a great liberator - I fixed my garage door this weekend thanks to Google. Two decades ago, I would have been out of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, I am thankful for Google.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm with you on the Google. The funny thing is when you type something in the search box, most of the time Google auto-fills the rest which means someone else searched for the same thing! Love me some internets.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful poncho....

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR LOOKING IN. YOUR COMMENTS ARE ALWAYS APPRECIATED!!!

Paying Homage to Black Pattern Designers...

...for years February has been set aside as a special time to learn about and recognize accomplishments of African Americans and other peopl...