January 16, 2016

KICKING STASH WEEK 2...

...I had high hopes of using up a whole lot of fabric during week 2 of the Kicking Stash Challenge (SKIRT WEEK).  Of course my work week was off the chain, and things just didn't turn out the way I  planned.  Sewing for the week did not start until Friday night - but I just had to make sure I got at least a couple skirts completed this week for the challenge. 

I know I've mentioned time and time again how much I LOVE KNIT SKIRTS! How many skirts do I have already???  Interesting question!, I really can't tell you.  But what's a couple more going to hurt - they make daily dressing so easy, and every girl needs several essential knit pencil skirts, (that's what I call them.

During this "Kicking Stash" challenge when I pick a piece of fabric yardage from my stash the plan is to completely annihilate it - so I went ahead and made two skirts.  One for my greedy self, and the other as a gift.

Left:  Trusty McCall's 6654 - Right:  Pamela's Magic Pencil Skirt pattern independent pattern   
Tried a new elastic waistband treatment learned from Charlene Steward's Periscope last night and I love it.

Now to see if I can get at least one more skirt completed before 11:59 p.m. tomorrow night...

11 comments:

  1. Very nice skirts in a fun print!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ms. Faye...love the print and Thank you for making this skirt for me? Know the lucky recipient will love her skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1/16/2016

    Ain't nothin wrong with Sewing something for yourself!! Excuse my English!☺☺

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute Faye. Also I *love* the name of this challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty skirts and love Charlene technique.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty skirts and love Charlene technique.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sheila. I'm loving that technique so much!

      Delete

THANKS FOR LOOKING IN. YOUR COMMENTS ARE ALWAYS APPRECIATED!!!

Paying Homage to Black Pattern Designers...

...for years February has been set aside as a special time to learn about and recognize accomplishments of African Americans and other peopl...