January 10, 2016

KICKING STASH CONTINUES (TOP #4 - THE REPLAY)...

...you all know that weekend sewing is priceless to me, especially since I've joined the "Kicking Stash" sew-a-long for the month of January.  Week one that started last Monday, January 4th has been all about TOPS (who can't use more tops -right).  Of course, I  initially thought I's be able to crank out a top a day, but that was unrealistic with my work schedule.  I have; however, finished top #4 and am well satisfied with it.
Vogue 1465
Yes, I did a replay of the Vogue 1465 view C top.  Yes, it's sleeveless, and yes I'm making it in the winter time - But I'm such a jacket person that it works for me especially when I'm have one of those occasional "personal summers".


T0P #4 - 1 yard of fabric used
I'M IN LOVE!  The fabric, the fit, everything. I love the slight racer cut of the armseye, and most of all the side seaming that curves to the back.  That curve actually gives a slimming effect.
 When I got the puckering on Top #3 I was ready to throw in the towel.  If I had, I probably wouldn't have tossed the pattern, but probably would have never made the top again.  I'm pretty sure the puckering was due to my error in over stretching the neckline when attaching the collar.  With that experience, I cut the collar of top #4 longer thinking that would eliminate the need to stretch - and it worked.  I attached the collar and then just cut off the excess.

I highly recommend the pattern and might take it over into the summer.  All it would take is a little redesigning of the neckline and eliminating the turtleneck collar of course...











15 comments:

  1. Nice top! I like the side seams wrapping to the back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda, and yes the side seaming is my favorite part.

      Delete
  2. Love it. 1-yd only. Fantastic! You are inspiring me to crank out a few tops.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alethia the first top you made inspired me to pull this pattern out. And yes only 1 yard.

      Delete
  3. I love both versions of this top! Makes me want to look at the pattern differently since I'd only been feening on the jacket!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Carolyn I think the jacket deserves to be feened over, it's gorgeous!

      Delete
  4. WOW I can see why you love this one... BEAUTIFUL. So glad you did not throw in the towel after the puckers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad too Diane. Sometimes you just have to stick it out.

      Delete
  5. Fay our taste are so similar. I purchased this pattern for the top.I have a short neck so I love the moc tops. Short sleeves in the winter, It's called layering and for me it's called hot flash LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe that's why I like everything you make Denise!, love the fur vest you posted today. Hot flashes - that's what I meant by "Personal Summers"! (cause I'm hot and everyone else is not)

      Delete
  6. Beautiful top and I adore it with that necklace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Tomasa and that's my favorite necklace.

      Delete
  7. You're doing great at kicking stash! Some day, when my house is fully rebuilt, I'll be able to sew again...

    ReplyDelete
  8. THis is a great top Faye. I have this pattern and want to try it. Anything that slims me is a good thing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. THis is a great top Faye. I have this pattern and want to try it. Anything that slims me is a good thing!

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR LOOKING IN. YOUR COMMENTS ARE ALWAYS APPRECIATED!!!

Paying Homage to Black Pattern Designers...

...for years February has been set aside as a special time to learn about and recognize accomplishments of African Americans and other peopl...