May 3, 2017

2017 TOPS THAT POP SEW-A-LONG - ONE AMAZING RIDE!!!

...yes, the 2017 Top That Pop Sew-a-long has been ONE AMAZING RIDE!!!  At the beginning I  only hoped that participation would be good. After seeing the response, participation and support it has been more than I could have ever dreamed.  My hat is off to each and ever one who made and submitted top photos; and those who wanted to participate but couldn't.  We know that circumstances sometimes keep us from doing as planned.
PLEASE NOTE:  I WILL KEEP POSTING ANY TOP SUBMITTED BY EMAIL ATTACHMENT FOR THE REMAINDER OF THIS WEEK
THIS HAS BEEN A WIN, WIN SITUATION for us all.  We can all pull out a brand new top, pair it with an existing skirt or pant and  a new outfit has been added to our collections - its magical!

I'm hoping to make this an annual event and would be happy if each and everyone would plan on joining me for the 2018 Tops That Pop Sew-a-long.  But in the meantime this years event is not quite over

I WILL KEEP POSTING ANY TOP SUBMITTED FOR THE REMAINDER OF THIS WEEK  
PLEASE CONTINUE TO EMAIL All finished top photos to as an ATTACHMENT to me at:  fayedoll(at)cox(dot)net
Email Subject Line:  TOPS THAT POP
100 Tops To Date
NEXT UP:
Myra - 1 Simple Inspiration - Burda 6795
Myra - 1 Simple Inspiration - Burda 6795
Myra - 1 Simple Inspiration - Itch To Stitch Arsenal Top
Cennetta Burwell - The Mahogany Stylist - McCall's 7542
Tanya - Tankenbran on Instagram - Self Drafted Top
Sheila - Sheilaz_CTK - McCall's 6566
Andrea - Sew-To-Fit - Vogue 1309 by Issey Miyake

A big thank you to everyone!

      I WILL KEEP POSTING ANY TOP SUBMITTED FOR THE REMAINDER OF THIS WEEK  
PLEASE CONTINUE TO EMAIL All finished top photos to as an ATTACHMENT to me at:  fayedoll(at)cox(dot)net
Email Subject Line:  TOPS THAT POP

14 comments:

  1. The TOPS sew a long was marvelous. Faye thank you very much for hosting the sew-a long. I don't know what is it about your sew a longs that every time I participate I'm successful. You choose a garment (tops or skirts) and the participants have the freedom to choose or create patterns that work for them. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you thank you thank you! I try my best to make the sewalongs as user friendly as possible AND to keep it fun! The main focus is to help people wake-up or jump start sluggish sewing motivation.

      Delete
  2. I agree with Mariela Alethia! Your challenges/sew-alongs are truly inspirational and if your "sewing mojo has left the building", Faye's challenges are a great way of sending out the search dogs to bring it back! I loved it and am still making summer tops for the hubby and I. Thank you Faye for sending out those search dogs to bring my "sewjo" back home!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If that is the case then the sewalong served it's purpose! You sew beautifully Myra! Now I need to pin point my Pinterest garment in order to get started on the Blab sewing challenge!

      Delete
  3. This has been such a fun challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was Elizabeth! There is nothing more fun than sewing along with other great sewist like yourself!

      Delete
  4. Yay, Faye!! You've inspired 100 tops so far. I have a neckline problem with my top in progress. It may or may not get fixed by the end of the week. Regardless, I'll definitely be back for the 2018 top sew-a-long. It's been fun to participate and see what others are sewing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rose I hope you do work that neckline out! I know you will. I'm looking forward to 2018 too!

      Delete
  5. Even though I only made one top it sure feels good to be part of such an amazing group of seamstress. This was a blast. Great job as always. Motivation is your gift.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhhh thank you so much Tanya!, and whether you made one top or ten, your support is always appreciated!!!

      Delete
  6. Like others have mentioned, your sew-alongs are so inspiring and motivational. Thank you for getting my sewjo going.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sheila I can't say enough in appreciation for your support. All of your tops were absolutely beautiful!

      Delete
  7. Everyone did a fantastic job!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone did do a wonderful job. Thank you so much for looking in!

      Delete

THANKS FOR LOOKING IN. YOUR COMMENTS ARE ALWAYS APPRECIATED!!!

Paying Homage to Black Pattern Designers...

...for years February has been set aside as a special time to learn about and recognize accomplishments of African Americans and other peopl...