is finished, and I'm in love with it too. Almost everything that I make is a labor of love, and this jacket was no different. I worked up the muslin (pro-type) for this jacket by mid week, and was able to start on the actual project on Friday. Since I needed to make one major and a few minor adjustments to the pattern to get the right fit, I decided to trace off a new pattern to include them. (Don't laugh about my pattern paper.) I told you about my fabric escapade last post, I love this fabric but didn't even think that I'd need to match anything. Well since the pattern included attaching back and front bands at the bottom, since I used a print - they actually needed to match - which also presented the tiny problem of matching up the side seams. Well, I finally worked it out by just cutting one continuous band which made attaching so it would match the print and the seams easier.....we just have to find a way to "MAKE IT WORK" (Tim Gunn).
My adjustments made my gapping problem disappear - I'm so glad it worked!!!!
I'm in love with the fabric and the print, so you know it's getting worn to work tomorrow - A GOOD WAY TO START THE WEEK!
I also wanted to mention the latest pant addition to the wardrobe (I made these during a sew-a-long last weekend). As planned, I finally got around to altering the Simplicity 2700 pants pattern to accommodate a straight waistband rather than the contoured band in the pattern. Using the advice of my "SISTER IN FLORIDA", this plan worked out just right. I also made the legs of the pattern narrower because the pattern was just to wide in the legs for me. I'm pleased, and can now say that I have my "TNT PANTS PATTERN".
Well, it may be the end of the weekend, but it's not the end of the sewing adventure....STAY TUNED FOR MORE PROJECTS TO COME!