October 14, 2012

WHAT'S A CARNIVAL WITHOUT LOTS OF VARIETY....

...
  1. ...because several people have asked me about a "SKIRT SEW-A-LONG" as related to the Skirt Carnival; and
  2. ...because I am embarrassed that I did not think of making it a sew-a-long from the very start; and
  3. ...because I just can't seem to shut this skirt thing off anyway, and
  4. ...the more the merrier!  Variety would make it a more interesting parade.  Don't you think???
PLEASE ACCEPT MY INVITATION TO THE GREAT
CARNIVAL OF SKIRTS SEW-A-LONG

CRITERIA:
  1. Mention your interest in participating in the sew-a-long by commenting on this post by WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 17TH
  2. Please, please  INCLUDE your EMAIL ADDRESS here on this post with your COMMENT.  (you can use something like (dollyappleseedatgmaildotcom for example); afterwards,
  3. Be on the LOOKOUT for an EMAIL INVITATION in your inbox.
  4. RESPOND to the email invitation.  This will give you permission to post
  • pattern information
  • fabric choices
  • helpful information, tutorials, etc.
  • ask for opinions, suggestions, advice
  • post pictures of progress and your finished project
on the new  CARNIVAL OF SKIRTS 2012 blog.

SEW-A-LONG RULES (if I may):
  • 2 Weeks
  • 2 Skirts
  • 2 Ways (styles)
TNT, Self Drafted, or New Pattern, the choice is yours!  Of course you can make as many skirts as you like - there is no limit.

TIME FRAME:  Wednesday, October 17th to October 31st.

I'd like to do an official badge for the sew-a-long, can anybody help me???  I don't know how to create a badge...



33 comments:

  1. Would love to join Faye, sewmytime@yahoo.com!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course i would love to join! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll play too! Tinaloudotellisonatgmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me too. jennifersteynathotmaildotcom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Me, me! dcook100@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooo...how exciting...I'm game!!

    sewcouture075 at gmail dot com.

    I'm so looking forward to the invitation!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love to participate, j.hamb@sbcglobal.net

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am in Faye ..asewfitatyahoodotca

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Faye, I have one question - and please forgive my ignorance - what does "TNT" mean?

    ReplyDelete
  10. On board Ms. Faye, sheilaatsheilaz-ctkdotcom. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Aisha,

    TNT is a tried and true pattern that you like & have achieved the right fit and becomes your go to pattern each time you want to make that garment.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Count me innnnnnnnn! lovetosew@live.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've had Pamela's Magic Pencil Skirt Pattern sitting on my sewing table for a couple of months now.....count me in! ppozolo@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Now Faye. You *know* I'm in!! yousewgirl07atyahoo

    ReplyDelete
  15. You know I can't resist, count me in. mun3@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Count me in Faye, Necie---sdcunni@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gaaahhh! I immediately have two skirts in mind! But I just can't commit to another project before finishing the already in process ones! Oh well. My loss!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Clio I wish you could join in, but I know you have to finish your beautiful leather jacket.

      Delete
  18. So cool! Count me in. herculeshoward@att.net

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'd love to join in...mylynnstudios@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I would love to join this sewing along darlingbme@aol.com.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Count me in. I've been lunching on getting my blog posts up and maybe this will be the ticket to get me started again. Plus I was just looking at a skirt pattern to work on this weekend so I think it's a sign. yarngirl67@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. I would love to participate! Dmbhuger3@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh my goodness, the timing ! I'm just thinking to start something new - I could do this !!!
    lonelysecretary1 at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Faye count me in after all I'd started with you without you knowing! knitmachinequeen@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Count me in as well... mjsprenkle at sbcglobal.net

    ReplyDelete
  26. I'm in, I already know what skirts I want to make. samtowanda@msn.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Me, too. Maybe I'll get off my lazy duff! marjiemcdonaldgmailcom I have a pink fabric that's been trying to entice me lately!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Anonymous10/17/2012

    I NEED to sew some skirts for work. I'm in! I have fabric all ready to go, just need to finalise patterns. Ingrid
    ilensinkatiwebdotcomdotau

    ReplyDelete
  29. Faye I sure wish I could join this sew along! I really could use some nice winter skirts this year. Unfortunately, mine time has been consumed with preparing for my son's wedding in a couple of weeks. I'm so busy, I've not been able to post anything in a while! Good luck and have lots of fun for me too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be great having you join but I do understand. Happy son's wedding Mother of the Groom!

      Delete
  30. Oh I missedam thw deadline, Faye! Can I still join in? I cut out first skirt last night!
    Lbrundage@roadrunner.com
    Wonderfullymade1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. Anonymous10/18/2012

    Another deadline-missed hopeful participant here. It would be great if I could join this Sew-Along! I need to sew several skirts for my daughter, who just started a new job, so whether or not I participate, I'll be making skirts in the next couple of weeks! :)
    nonnobis6atgmail dotcom

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR LOOKING IN. YOUR COMMENTS ARE ALWAYS APPRECIATED!!!

Paying Homage to Black Pattern Designers...

...for years February has been set aside as a special time to learn about and recognize accomplishments of African Americans and other peopl...