September 21, 2014

GETTING MY FALL SEW ON...

...since happiness returned I'm able to really get my Fall sew on.  I finished my third project for the new season today.  It came from my fantastic TNT McCall's 6654 knit skirt pattern.  Love this pattern.  For me it needs only the small alteration of tapering or pegging a little bit in the side seams- that gives me the perfect fit.

This striped aztec print knit jumped out at me during a quick run through Hancock's on Friday.  Cost $19.99 but a deal with a 50% coupon - I bought a yard - discovered I only needed 3/4 yard when I got home and looked at the pattern.  Could have sworn that the pattern called for a full yard.  Oh well, maybe I'll remember that next time.  The fabric comes already bonded with an underlining, but I still thought it would get better wear if I lined it, so I did.
Our temps are still in the upper 80's so this skirt won't be worn for a little while, but at least it will be ready when the time does come.  I saw a skirt in this same print somewhere during an online snoop shopping trip priced at $189.00.  I can't say enough about being SO GLAD THAT I SEW!  I think my skirt is just as wonderful as that one and cost $170.00 less...

29 comments:

  1. I am glad you are feeling better Faye. Sounds like you went through a patch of the blues. The skirt looks wonderful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah and yes not being able to get motivated to sew does give me a case of the blues.

      Delete
  2. Glad that your happiness has come back. Love your skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the print and the skirt looks very lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely. Glad your mojo is back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great hancock's find!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great find Linda. When I see a fabric that is in the higher price range, sometimes I think about making a skirt. Makes it a little more affordable.

      Delete
  6. Great find, I really line that fabric. I've finally gotten back in my sewing room and trying to get my fall sew on, this inspires me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you're able to sew up a real storm Omega!

      Delete
  7. Love it. You absolutely cannot go wrong with black and white!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rochelle. Love me some classic black and white.

      Delete
  8. Fantastic outfit......so universal.....dress up or be on the casual side. All it takes is a change of accessories. Great fabric find!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Helen. That's what I like about it too - dress up or be casual.

      Delete
  9. I love that pattern too! Beautiful skirt, it does make you glad you can sew:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Excellent staple piece with a gorgeous fabric find!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happiness and a new skirt ~ bet you are super glad you sew so well ... J

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a nice print! I love tribal and similar prints, this has great coloration. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Once again you have made a gorgeous fabric into a work of art. Lovely skirt! I bet it will definitely have people talking. (And asking you to replicate for them).
    Cecil

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cecil. Nope, no replications here.

      Delete
  14. I love the print you choose and I never quite get it right when I'm buying fabric either...always too much or too little.... ;) This will be perfect for fall!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Margo. I know, it's terrible when you don't have enough fabric for a project, and just as terrible when you have so much left, but it's not enough to do anything with.

      Delete
  15. Great new skirt and fantastic savings! I'm sure you'll make the skirt again and it will be just as wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice skirt, and nice fabric!

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR LOOKING IN. YOUR COMMENTS ARE ALWAYS APPRECIATED!!!

Paying Homage to Black Pattern Designers...

...for years February has been set aside as a special time to learn about and recognize accomplishments of African Americans and other peopl...