...after experimenting with two coat patterns and making 3 muslins I finally managed to get a fit that satisfies and so the construction process has begun. I mentioned in an earlier post that I've come to the realization that I am in need of a full length black winter coat. I'm so glad that this nice wool fabric was in my stash. I remember buying it from Hancock's a couple of summers ago. Sometimes it's really hard to buy winter specific fabric during the summer even when it's at an excellent price. But I knew that I would eventually find a use for this piece so I purchased 4 yards when it was 70% off.
Cutting was done on Saturday, and thread tracing completed on Sunday
So tonight I started the underlining process
Hopefully I'll get to work on this a little bit every night this week after work (fingers crossed). Real sewing progress always takes place on weekends. I've promised myself that I AM NOT going to let this project stress me out. I've made my "FINISH LINE LIST" already so I'll be slowly marking things off...