December 8, 2014

BEEP BEEP, BLOG TRIPPIN 7...

...

...have you ever heard of fleece leggings?  Well I hadn't until I ran into these at
Grosgrain Fabulous.  I love these, and honestly can already see myself making a pair of them for warm and toasty winter pajama bottoms.  She's even included a pattern/tutorial link for them here.

I've been watching this blog for quite a long time now after becoming totally amazed at her many talents back in 2010 when she did an entire month of cardigan re-fashioning.  This one being my favorites of the 30 she re-styled that month
When I first ran across SBCC I chuckled a little bit at the blog title - but this girl is no joke, and neither is her blog.   I know that I've talked here about alterations to make wide pant legs skinner, but I recently ran into some very interesting information at SBCC Patterns that sheds much more light on the subject.   We all know there is nothing quite like well illuminated instruction - right?  I wanted to share it here just in case you hadn't seen it and might be in need of the information at some point.
Having skinnyed several pairs of pants myself with just "O.K." results, this illustration in itself made perfect sense.  It lets me know why I ended up with the results I got.  If you do visit SBCC for more skinny on the subject, you might also want to read more on her "Pant Alteration Philosophy" here.
It's so much fun discovering "New to me Blogs".  Sometimes I gain new knowledge from them, and at times I just gather loads of sewing inspiration.  If you have a few minutes of reading time I'm sure you will agree that My Daily Theardz supplies both.
The blog is positive and uplifting and I'm so glad that I took a look in.

Well it's back to muslin fitting for me...




11 comments:

  1. Lot of inspiration here, dear Lady. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The link to the blog about the 2010 sweater refashions is not working. Great inspirational post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Becky I'll see if I can fix that link.

      Delete
  3. Grosgrain Fabulous was one of the first blogs I found when I started reading blogs! Thanks for sharing SCBB's pant alteration tutorial too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to seeing the leggings when your done. I am sure they will be quite conffy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I can ever get finished with the project I'm working on now maybe, just maybe I'd be able to make them.

      Delete
  5. Great post Faye - I loved the trouser hint link you posted.

    Fleece leggings are fantastic - I made some in 2013.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The link in the fourth paragraph is no longer good! I'm sorry I missed the article!

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR LOOKING IN. YOUR COMMENTS ARE ALWAYS APPRECIATED!!!

Paying Homage to Black Pattern Designers...

...for years February has been set aside as a special time to learn about and recognize accomplishments of African Americans and other peopl...