...finally finished all of that underlining, applied a layer of interfacing to the back, front, and front facing. Now it's time to move on to applying a little more structure to places that need extra strength and places that might cave my coat in in certain areas. This is my first time using horsehair canvas interfacing - I always told myself that it was just too expensive. But after discovering that you DON"T have to interface the entire coat with the stuff, I decided to give it a try. I made the coat's back stay and a shoulder stay pattern and cut those from the canvas. Wish I had purchased fusible because my fingers are finally showing wear and tear from all my hand stitching. (I don't feel comfortable using a thimble to my demise.) I'll also use the canvas for my hems because I am SURE that will make a difference in my finished project.