September 27, 2015

#SEWING LIFE weekend happenings...

...my definition of a happy weekend is time spent in my sewing cave, space, room, den, No; I think  the term  STUDIO suits my fancy for the moment.  There has actually been little to no sewing going on in "The Studio" since school began on August 3rd (egad, that's almost two whole months)! 

  • I managed to catch Erica Bunker's informative Periscope broadcast that aired at 4pm est. (my time) yesterday.  I have to give Erica credit for me getting up the nerve to wear my skinny white jeans (even though I'm not skinny; YET) after Labor Day - I've worn them to work twice (on casual Friday) since and dared anyone to say anything about the Memorial Day/Labor Day cliche;  nobody said a word - but I know some one was thinking it (ha ha).  I do love me some Periscope - it's a great platform and the next best thing to being there in person.


  • My gravity fed iron BIT THE DUST this morning.  I had used it earlier and left it on (as usual) only to go back to it and find it stone cold - ice cold.  But never fear, I have a back up!  Now, when funds are right I'll need to buy a new back up for the back up because I refuse to go without one of these. 
  •  Last but not least, I am  working on my winter coat as part of The Amazing Coat Sew-Along.  I prepared my pattern yesterday and started working on my muslin today.  This is the progress I made on the prototype before I had to call an end to the weekend in order to start preparing for tomorrow and my work 
 
 Doesn't look like much yet, but I'm glad that I finally got it started...

5 comments:

  1. It's such a bummer when our equipment breaks down. Glad you had a backup.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. Now I new to start a new iron savings account!

      Delete
  2. I hate when my sewing equipment breaks. So looking forward to your coat progress. .. cheering you on !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean as my sewing iron is not functioning correctly. There is another one in the house, but I like having my own personal one for my sewing space.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous10/20/2015

      @Dorothy DotDot Does it need cleaning? My sister just gifted me my first gravity feed iron. It needed cleaning - job was done - now its fine. Love It!!! Mary

      Delete

THANKS FOR LOOKING IN. YOUR COMMENTS ARE ALWAYS APPRECIATED!!!

Paying Homage to Black Pattern Designers...

...for years February has been set aside as a special time to learn about and recognize accomplishments of African Americans and other peopl...