June 26, 2016

EYELET IS FULL OF HOLES (cont.)....

...when I posted my proposed eyelet top project on FaceBook,  my cosmetology teacher muse/friend commented, "Size 8 please no color preference".   After completing my top, posted yesterday, I still have so much of the fabric left I thought I'd grant her request.  Notice she mentioned "Size 8" which is much smaller than me or my dressform - Ms. Faye, so her top looks a bit squeezed on in my pictures. 



8128 caught my attention right off the bat when Simplicity's summer pattern's were first released.  Although simple, I love the retro, boxy, swing, cropped design.  I love retro, and I think my friend loves retro even more than me.  I hope it fits and that she likes it.  I'll try to get it in the mail to hear early this week.   On this top I used the shell fabric for the neck facings and did not interface.  For the armhole facing I actually used the fabric selvelge in the same manner that you would normally use bias tape as facing.  Other than being tight on this dressform, I think the top turned out fine.  

Now I need to make this pattern up for myself, in another fabric choice of course.  Eyelet is still full of holes...
 

12 comments:

  1. Super cute! So sunny and summery!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope my friend like it Sassafras!

      Delete
  2. It is very pretty, and will be so comfortable to wear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We need really need comfortable and cool things to wear here. Our temperatures are already hitting 100 degrees. Thank you so much for looking in!

      Delete
  3. I'm sure she's going to loooove it Faye :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chrissssss! I have been missing seeing you so much! Thanks for looking in!

      Delete
  4. That is so pretty Faye, your friend is going to appreciate this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you Sarah! I think she will too.

      Delete
  5. Awww....that is so cute. I got this pattern and was thinking of sewing it up for my daughter jennifer, definitely, not a size 8 though. I may sew it since its a quick sew project. Thanks faye.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for looking in Andrea! I know - not a size 8 for me either. I'm making quick easy patterns trying to get back in the swing of sewing again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Faye, this is so cute.. I love eyelet [holes and all.ha] So sweet of you to sew for your friend.. Know she will love it. Happy sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. She's going to love it Faye!

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR LOOKING IN. YOUR COMMENTS ARE ALWAYS APPRECIATED!!!

Paying Homage to Black Pattern Designers...

...for years February has been set aside as a special time to learn about and recognize accomplishments of African Americans and other peopl...