June 28, 2016

TNT - SEW MUCH TALENT JUNE CHALLENGE...

...my next summer top was made to enter the Sew Much Talent June Challenge - using a TNT (tried and true pattern.  I used OOP Simplicity 4171 becaue I made it years ago, loved it, and got lots of compliments every time I wore wear it.  Sometimes simple is better, and this pattern is just that - simple. 

 
FABRIC CHOICE:  As my students say "IDK".  Some pretty paisley print in colors that I loved and was attracted to during the recent Hancock going out of business sales.  Pretty but!, hard to sew - even to serge.

VIEW:  I made View D.

PATTERN ADJUSTMENTS:  Size chosen using information printed on the front pattern piece (as advised by Carol Ware, one of my new sewing muses.  This is new to me (believe it or not).  This gave me a much better fit than using the sizing printed on the back of the pattern envelope.

The only adjustment made was adding 1 1/2" to the length of the pattern.

The only problem I encountered was getting a smooth square shaped neckline, but I did make it work.

Working on whittling this chair down, but I still have another yard of this paisley fabric left...


18 comments:

  1. Very nice top, Faye. I never noticed this pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi L, thank you. It's an oldie for sure. I think I bought it way back in 2007.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another winner Faye. But wait...Carol didn't ask for the leftover fabric? LOL...she must not have seen this post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Andrea! She must be asleep.

      Delete
  4. Hey Ms. Faye thank for the love!!! I really like this top and especially the fabric! Glad I could help out! So, you need some help with that stuff in the chair? (airplane emoji) LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you again and again Carol. If I can't get this fabric sewn up quickly,I'll call you.

      Delete
  5. another lovely top, and drooling over the fabric.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Diane, bet you have a nice stash too!

      Delete
  6. Awww...your Hancock is closing, too? Sad day. I almost cried when mine closed; it was so much better than the one with the J. Your paisley is bright and cheerful, and I'm sure you'll figure out what to do with the chair full of lovely fabrics. Hope you've got a great holiday weekend planned, Faye!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Marjie and I was such a Hancock's girl! I'm slowly but surely removing pieces from that chair.

      Delete
  7. Simple yes, but very beautiful! Well done Faye!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty! I love paisley and yours is a lovely colour.

    ReplyDelete
  9. SO pretty ..Love the fabric.. I like the oop patterns.. I need to get to sewing and get my stash down too..
    Happy july 4th..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this top and the fabric is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR LOOKING IN. YOUR COMMENTS ARE ALWAYS APPRECIATED!!!

Paying Homage to Black Pattern Designers...

...for years February has been set aside as a special time to learn about and recognize accomplishments of African Americans and other peopl...