June 14, 2016

THE SEWING GOURMET CREATES ANOTHER DOLLHOUSE DELIGHT...

...it's been a while since The Sewing Gourment made an appearance on the blog, but I was so proud of my accomplishment in making another DollHouse Delight today that I just had to share.  You've heard of the DollHouse - right?, that's where I live.

I've always loved Chicken Parmigiana but was a little timid in trying the recipe.  I love the dish as prepared at the Olive Garden (as well as their Eggplant Parmigiana), but I don't necessarily want to make a trip there to get it every time I want the dish.  It was time for me to step up and give it a try.  Believe it or not, I love manipulating food ingredients as much as I love manipulating fabric and patterns.  Today I Googled many recipes but decided to experiment with this one from Food Network.

CHICKEN PARMIGIANA served at the DollHouse today
I was so very happy with my results!, and it wasn't hard to prepare in a little less than 1 hour.  The hardest part was flattening the chicken breasts with a mallet - I really don't enjoy that part but it is a necessary part of the process.  The recipe even has you make your own marinara sauce and I used fresh basil from my container garden from the back yard.  I served the dish with thin spaghetti and side salad -  and it was delicious!  Surprisingly, it even tastes good cold.  I've never tried it, but some people make this into a sandwich - now that sounds even more wonderful!  Please let me know if you decide to try it, and let me know me know what you think...  

8 comments:

  1. Your chicken looks wonderful! I usually do mine without breading because my dearly beloved has "impaired glucose" issues (pre-diabetes to us regular folk), so I cut carbs wherever possible. Your recipe really does look like a perfect replica of Olive Garden's!

    To answer your question, I use a Pentax K-X camera with a 18-55mm lens. I also have a 50-200mm lens, but that isn't of much practical use most of the time. Mostly, I have great subjects and that makes my pictures good!

    Happy Wednesday, Faye.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mean Happy Thursday. I don't even know my days this week.

      Delete
    2. Thank you Marjie!

      Delete
  2. Chicken parm sandwiches on a chewy sub roll are awesome. Give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bunny this was so delicious that I do plan on giving it a try!

      Delete
  3. Ms. Faye, You are making my mouth water. Lol. You know I'm going to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ms. Faye, You are making my mouth water. Lol. You know I'm going to try it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was amazingly easy after I set up my production line Cennetta. I was tired of being afraid to try it. It was delish!, and it will become a sandwich next time that I make it!

      Delete

THANKS FOR LOOKING IN. YOUR COMMENTS ARE ALWAYS APPRECIATED!!!

Paying Homage to Black Pattern Designers...

...for years February has been set aside as a special time to learn about and recognize accomplishments of African Americans and other peopl...