June 25, 2016

EYELET IS FULL OF HOLES...

...I made an administrative decision to remove the underlining from my eyelet top - New Look 6459 - because what fun is eyelet if you can't see through it?  With my schedule it took me all week to finish this cute boxy top, but now it's done and I can move on to one of the 1,000 other ideas on my mind for the summer.
And yes, eyelet is full of holes.  This top might not make it to work, but I love the cut of the armscye. I will make it again in a solid or a print so I won't have to be concerned with facing show through. This is just the first of several boxy tops that I have planned for the summer...

16 comments:

  1. It's cute! Do you plan on wearing it with a cami?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carolyn, yes I will need to wear a cami under if I decide to wear to work. Without if just around the house though.

      Delete
  2. I think its adorable Ms. Faye! Sometimes when the garment doesn't turn out like we want, it turns out to be one of our favorites. Hope this is true for you...because this is a cute summer top and very cheery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really love eyelet. This one is a little stiff even after washing.

      Delete
  3. I think it looks great without the underlining. That's what we have undergarments (camis) for, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly Marjie!!! I didn't like the feel of the top with underlining. Felt overdone.

      Delete
  4. I too agree, eyelet should be see-thru. Love the cut of the armholes, and the yellow is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The top looks great and I love it without the lining!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This came out really cute!

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR LOOKING IN. YOUR COMMENTS ARE ALWAYS APPRECIATED!!!

Paying Homage to Black Pattern Designers...

...for years February has been set aside as a special time to learn about and recognize accomplishments of African Americans and other peopl...