April 27, 2017

DAY 13: TOPS THAT POP SEW-A-LONG - WHY DIDN'T I THINK OF THIS EARLIER???

...last night I had a marvelous light bulb moment! I decided to set up a Pinterest Board of all the TOPS THAT POP submissions rather than waiting to do a collage at the end of the sewalong. 
I think a Pinterest Board is a wonderful way to showcase all of OUR beautiful tops.  You can view FAYE'S 2017 TOPS THAT POP SEW-A-LONG  Pinterest Board by clicking right here.  The link to the Pinterest is also included on the side bar.

DAY 13:  TOPS THAT POP SEW-A-LONG

 ONLY 3 MORE DAYS LEFT

(TOPS COMPLETED TO DATE:  40 TOPS AND GROWING!)
 
 
  April 15th through April 30th
NEXT UP:
VALARIE - VALARIE'S EXPRESSIONS (INSTAGRAM) Simplicity 1589
Tonya Martin - Instagram - McCall's 7452

Elizabeth - Elizabeth Made This - Kommatia Pattern's Body Suit
Elizabeth - Elizabeth Made This - Vogue 2064 Donna Karan Asymmetrical Wrap Top

AND AS FOR ME, it was Work Wear Wednesday and Thursday with tops made earlier (McCall's 7442 & Butterick 6425).  The sleeves do have it!  I love the McCall's top and really enjoyed wearing it.  I added 1" to the length of the top, and I think it was just right.  I'm really not used to wearing cropped tops, but it really is a nice design and change of pace.  I think I will definitely make another one of these.



  WHO'S TOP WILL BE UP NEXT???
PLEASE EMAIL all finished top photos to me as an ATTACHMENT to:  fayedoll(at)cox(dot)net

Email Subject Line:  TOPS THAT POP

ONLY 3 MORE DAYS LEFT...


5 comments:

  1. Awwwww! All the tops look amazing! I love them! I have the pattern that Valerie and Tonya made and was sitting on the fence with both...however, now I really want to make them! Great job ladies! (love seeing you in your cute tops too Ms. Faye!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Myra. Yes it helps to see other's make the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love ALL of the tops. It is always so much fun to see others creativity at play. Your cute little tops look great on you. They fit quite nicely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love ALL the tops too Tomasa. It is such a joy to put an idea into play and have others with a common interest think it's a great idea and join in!

      Delete
  4. The anchor top is so fun! And I love your McCalls' top Faye. Is this the same pattern that they're doing the contest for on the McCalls' blog? I know it was something similar with all of the fun sleeve choices like this. The more I see cold shoulder tops, the more I'm wondering why they haven't been more popular before now--they look fabulous on everyone, and yours is so fun in this pretty pink print.

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR LOOKING IN. YOUR COMMENTS ARE ALWAYS APPRECIATED!!!

Paying Homage to Black Pattern Designers...

...for years February has been set aside as a special time to learn about and recognize accomplishments of African Americans and other peopl...